Builds 'Brightening' a Fj60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wow that motor looks much cleaner now that there is an air cleaner on the side! Seems like less hassle to get to the Carburator!

I plan on doing the Desmog soon, and getting one of those nifty carbs from overseas that only requires 1 vacuum line! This new type of air filter may complete the streamline style I aim for!

Engine bay is so much cleaner without the ABV and with air cleaner on passenger side. Massive amount of room to work around now.

Found some LEDs in one of my boxes...turned out they worked for all the corner lights and instrument cluster. They look a bit more blue in person which I am still on the fence about. I assume its a cool white, so around 6500k. I ordered replacement dome lights and the remaining LEDs to wrap up the interior. Might also grab some natural white LEDs and see if I like that more for the gauge cluster.

Also cruised the local junkyard and found a perfect VCV bracket off an 86-90 tercel. Bolted right up to the head and now looks nice and 'factory'.

milGTLn.jpg

QqSCxYr.jpg

Last edited:
I was just wondering about brightening up the dash a bit last night. I love the green tint of the stock lighting.
Might have to see if I can find something similar in green.

I was just wondering about brightening up the dash a bit last night. I love the green tint of the stock lighting.
Might have to see if I can find something similar in green.

I had the hardest time shifting from the OEM green but something about a crisp white really sharpens the interior up. I'm excited to have more light in the cabin at night.

I know you said you found the LED's for the dash in a box, but do you recall what they were or where you picked them up?
Been looking to go through the lights on my dash also.

I know you said you found the LED's for the dash in a box, but do you recall what they were or where you picked them up?
Been looking to go through the lights on my dash also.

Bought on ebay as a pack years ago. They are 5 led wedge bulbs in 'white'. I assume cool white as the color seems to match what 6000k-6500k looks like. Link below is the same type. Considering how superbrightleds has a good rep, I bought my new ones from there.

20x T10 W5W 194 Car Interior Exterior White 5LED 5050 SMD Wedge Side Light Bulb | eBay

this is one of my all time favorite threads on this site. The part numbers from the spreadsheet are killer. Keep up the good work.

this is one of my all time favorite threads on this site. The part numbers from the spreadsheet are killer. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Really appreciate it. I’ll update the first page list tomorrow when i get to the office, it’s been updated significantly.

Nothing really new to post really. Added the B pillar handles and a driver grab handle over the door along with new rear view mirror and cover. Put a bunch of miles on it and actually rode a friends sportster this past weekend from LA up to El Mirage, Death Valley and then Lone Pine and back to Ventura.

30D9C6A4-F36A-47D0-82CC-AACA13CA62E3.jpeg

5C33760C-C7E6-4A80-BEF9-F73DF54E4D41.jpeg

C7B7ADF0-24A1-420E-82FA-68B7610EF00D.jpeg

DF554402-75E4-4D14-8B4F-3C2DBF0DEB3B.jpeg

79E65B66-06FB-47B4-B23D-CE832D729992.jpeg

Thanks! Really appreciate it. I’ll update the first page list tomorrow when i get to the office, it’s been updated significantly.

Nothing really new to post really. Added the B pillar handles and a driver grab handle over the door along with new rear view mirror and cover. Put a bunch of miles on it and actually rode a friends sportster this past weekend from LA up to El Mirage, Death Valley and then Lone Pine and back to Ventura.

View attachment 1695659

View attachment 1695660

View attachment 1695663

View attachment 1695665

View attachment 1695666
Little bit of Easy Rider flare in those photos. :)

Little bit of Easy Rider flare in those photos. :)

haha, that's all we like! Once I wrap up my shovel I will be looking for cases to build a panhead. Love 60s/70s style choppers. Lucky enough that my friend works at easy riders where they have the original movie bikes too.

haha, that's all we like! Once I wrap up my shovel I will be looking for cases to build a panhead. Love 60s/70s style choppers. Lucky enough that my friend works at easy riders where they have the original movie bikes too.
Wow, that’s really awesome. My neighbor was tossing out old VCR tapes the other day that they’d left out and were wet. One was Easy Riders. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom