My long awaited first 60 series Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And as a follow up, I pulled the front two Ironman springs and removed the OME add a leaf. I can tell you for certain the reason it handled so poorly was these two manufacturers shape their springs differently. All the OME leafs have a flat spot where the spring plate goes. Iron man does not…theirs is a continuous curve. So this add a leaf did not mesh with the IM leafs. Once compressed by the pin there were gaps all the way out to the ends. Experiment definitely failed. So putting that add a leaf into Luis’s tired spring pack brought the fronts back to life. Dropped it on the ground and have 21.5” from the hub center to the fender. Just what I was looking for. Completed one rear and will do the other in the morning. Anxious to see the stance although I’ve done enough OME’s that I’m confident it will be good. Then onto replacing the carpet that Mason ordered from DNP. Will be an interesting install being a RHD and the provision for the PTO protrudes on the side of the trans hump. Have some thoughts on how to tackle this and the worst being cutting it out and welding on a lower profile section. Will know more once I get into that job.

Wanted to share some tech info I trialed for the first time. Casey @POTATO LAUNCHER has shared this with me in the past but this is my first time to try it as an alternative for buying the $25-30 (each) pieces from cruiser outfitters. They are the only ones I know that sell the isolator delete spacers.

Fwiw they are $31/each, that is the ARB/OME retail price, we don't have much wiggle room there. We do give them out for FREE to customers that buy their suspension from us. And, we just had a giant batch of them made out of stainless so we can retail them at a much lower price point and not have any corrosion issues. These will be $30/pair or free with suspension orders.

20230718_113745.jpg

OME’s turned out great. Should have installed them the first time and would have saved quite a bit of time. On to the carpet kit. DNP does not have the ability to do a RHD so we had him leave the heel pad off and we will figure out a way to apply it to the right side. Having to get creative as this truck originally had a PTO. So there was a huge bulge on the left side of the trans hump. I sorta feel like my dermatologist having their way with my bald scalp at my annual visit :).
Have a sheet of 22g I’ll weld in place so the carpet will lay flat.

71139076544__34095F6E-8AD5-4EFD-BFDA-924F29D0742F.jpeg

71139075477__131B202F-F240-4484-B0E1-0D1233D3B30E.jpeg

71139073565__FC208801-BEB9-4026-9B47-0479EB818B66.jpeg

71142094698__323721F3-F26B-4FDF-9C15-279D0927FBD0.jpeg

IMG_1291.jpeg

Fwiw they are $31/each, that is the ARB/OME retail price, we don't have much wiggle room there. We do give them out for FREE to customers that buy their suspension from us. And, we just had a giant batch of them made out of stainless so we can retail them at a much lower price point and not have any corrosion issues. These will be $30/pair or free with suspension orders.

View attachment 3376869
That is awesome Kurt. All the customer installs I’ve done I have them buy those from y’all as well. Good to know you’re now including them with full kit orders. This particular build is a true “budget build”. So we are buildings it as safe and inexpensive as possible which is why I decided to go this route. That and I have at least 15-20 sets of isolators piled up in the corner of my shop :).

View attachment 3376869

Update for anyone that may stumble across this thread in the future. Our stainless steel center bolt spacers are now live on CruiserTeq.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom