Builds 'Brightening' a Fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just installed front door speakers but the were too deep and hit the window so I had to fab some rubber spacers to get some clearance.

What speakers did you go with and where did you get that spacer?
That would have made life easier for me!

Great build!

@TheNeek you may have a bit of interest in those speaker rings. I’m a buyer for sure, it’s genius.

Yes please :)

I'd like a set of those too. How much?

In an effort to leave @mattressking and his build thread alone. I have added this to the forum in the small business section:
Rennstall FJ6X Front Speaker Adapters
Thanks for all the interest and thanks for being my guinea pig @mattressking

Just went through this thread and my wallet caught on fire. lol

recommend any good sites for parts? I def need new bumpers.

You're on the east coast, so I'd use partznet.com, just need to have the part numbers ready.

In other news...the beginning of my 62 dash swap has begun. First part arrived, an essentially crackless and near perfect condition a/c bezel.

Gave it a good cleaning and she's ready to roll. Need to find the blank plate for the right of the a/c controls, but doubt that should be hard. Hopefully have the dash lower/glovebox/center hvac duct soon then I can order the pad and bezel and hopefully swap it in before SAS. I could really use a nice head unit for the trip.

@Racer65 Any bandwidth/interest in fj62 a/c bezel/headlight washer bottle creation? Have both units in good condition for sizing.

Quick before/after. Just needed a deep cleaning.

IMG_3074.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

Last edited:
I'm just down the road from you between TO and west Simi Valley. Have a 95% all-OEM FJ60, restomod '79 FJ40, and a '88 T4R.

We should definitely grab beers at Independence in Camarillo one evening!

IMG_2256.JPG

I'm just down the road from you between TO and west Simi Valley. Have a 95% all-OEM FJ60, restomod '79 FJ40, and a '88 T4R.

We should definitely grab beers at Independence in Camarillo one evening!

View attachment 1710218

I’m way into that! My roommate loves independence. I’ll slide you my number

Not too many updates again...new driver window regulator, now it works so well! Attempted to replace the sash as well, but I had trouble removing the metal channel and didn't want to push my luck and reinstalled after cleaning. Anyone have tips for removing metal sash channel?

Besides that, @beno was able to procure a Toyota parts stool for me. My transition to nerd now begins.

Recently just driving the truck which is great! There are a handful of things I need to do, but she's doing well. Had the opportunity to host an old friend from back east, so we took took the truck on a 1k mile roundtrip hitting Lonepine and Reward Mine a few weeks back. Nice to stretch the legs in the truck and hit some trails, nothing technical, just good old fun.

Otherwise heavily working on my bike and others bikes for an upcoming show. While working a new acquaintence found a mid 40s knuckle for an unbelievable price, he brought it in to fire it up after sitting for the past 40 years. Apparently it has went unchanged since th 60s/70s when it was chopperized by some 1%er club president in SF. Pretty cool stuff.

54904159629__CF5CD7C2-A473-4F77-B024-24463D83D85D.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

Last edited:
Got a friend getting a bike ready for BF as well. Hes been casting his own parts for it, pretty cool.

BTW i ended up switching out my dash and cluster lights for white LEDs I had laying around from another project.
They're is actually a nice change from the green like you mentioned.

Got a friend getting a bike ready for BF as well. Hes been casting his own parts for it, pretty cool.

BTW i ended up switching out my dash and cluster lights for white LEDs I had laying around from another project.
They're is actually a nice change from the green like you mentioned.

Curious who it is...not many cast their own parts. You'll have to let me know who it is and I'll look for their bike there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom