Builds 'Brightening' a Fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet score on that old Toyota Tercel bracket. Mine is tied to the air cleaner with a zip tie. Next time I go to Pick & Pull I’m keeping my eye out for this.

I came to your build and read through the entire thing again just now. Great read a second time around by the way. I was looking for something in particular... I could have sworn I read a post or thread a while back about you rebuilding your charcoal canister. Am I wrong? I’m fighting smog demons and my charcoal can isn’t breathing properly. Running through the Emmisions manual one system at a time. I’ve found some used ones but I’m weary of a used charcoal can. Any thoughts?

This thread with part numbers is extremely informative. Thank you for your attention to detail.

Sweet score on that old Toyota Tercel bracket. Mine is tied to the air cleaner with a zip tie. Next time I go to Pick & Pull I’m keeping my eye out for this.

I came to your build and read through the entire thing again just now. Great read a second time around by the way. I was looking for something in particular... I could have sworn I read a post or thread a while back about you rebuilding your charcoal canister. Am I wrong? I’m fighting smog demons and my charcoal can isn’t breathing properly. Running through the Emmisions manual one system at a time. I’ve found some used ones but I’m weary of a used charcoal can. Any thoughts?

This thread with part numbers is extremely informative. Thank you for your attention to detail.

Thanks Joe!

Not sure where I mentioned the charcoal canister part, but my method was doing the initial test in the FSM which is below. Then I sprayed light amounts of carb cleaner into the Tank Pipe then cycled compressed air and vacuum to free the check valve. After a few attempts, the canister functioned according to the manual and lines were routed back to normal. Now my tank no longer purges air when the cap is removed and that was tested up to 13,000 feet while in Ouray.

charcoal-cannister-jpg.82911

Thanks Joe!

Not sure where I mentioned the charcoal canister part, but my method was doing the initial test in the FSM which is below. Then I sprayed light amounts of carb cleaner into the Tank Pipe then cycled compressed air and vacuum to free the check valve. After a few attempts, the canister functioned according to the manual and lines were routed back to normal. Now my tank no longer purges air when the cap is removed and that was tested up to 13,000 feet while in Ouray.

Man... I could have sworn that was your thread I read on that CoalCan rebuild. Oh well...

I have the manual, thank you. I was apprehensive regarding spraying any cleaners in the ports but after taking your advice I did so sparingly. Seams to be functioning properly again. Thanks for the tip bud.

@mattressking Just remember... Copying is the best form of flattery... I just ordered one. Dig your style.

Haha thanks @joebattle1 !

There’s so much more i want to do but limited in garage height and that it’s my only vehicle with a roof keeps me humble. H55 is the only real upgrade in the pipeline.

Haha thanks @joebattle1 !

There’s so much more i want to do but limited in garage height and that it’s my only vehicle with a roof keeps me humble. H55 is the only real upgrade in the pipeline.

Have you put that in best mods under $50 bucks? Man, You should...

I have a savings plan going for an H55. Just came up with a plan with Georg when I was at his shop a cpl weeks ago.

Have you put that in best mods under $50 bucks? Man, You should...

I have a savings plan going for an H55. Just came up with a plan with Georg when I was at his shop a cpl weeks ago.

I thought about buzzing him for a spare case so i could assemble it here...then i found out oem 38mm cases are still available new....idk how much i want to spend with the h55....!

No real updates...just the Nardi and Works Bell Japan sorting me out with a 15mm longer boot. Nice fellows and helped me very quickly, doesn't usually happen like that when conversing with someone at a company overseas.

I love the Nardi, plus it lets the stock wheel relax in a box for a while.

Oh and I bought another motorcycle that is supposed to become my commuter. Should hopefully help with other projects I've been putting off with the truck.

56442578868__D40BA9C8-21D9-4C5D-8E4B-FD798BC634C2.JPG

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

No real updates...just the Nardi and Works Bell Japan sorting me out with a 15mm longer boot. Nice fellows and helped me very quickly, doesn't usually happen like that when conversing with someone at a company overseas.

I love the Nardi, plus it lets the stock wheel relax in a box for a while.

Oh and I bought another motorcycle that is supposed to become my commuter. Should hopefully help with other projects I've been putting off with the truck.

View attachment 1840964

View attachment 1840965

View attachment 1840966

Not usually a fan of after market steering wheels but that looks really good, the foot wear on the other hand...

Just one more thing to copy from you...

Haha! I’ve wanted a nardi in a car again for a while and this is the closest i can get right now.

So thanks to @beno he found a Koito H4 upgrade kit. Ordered locally and it just arrived today! Decided before I install I’m going to refresh the entire bucket assy so these will have to wait until the rest of the stuff comes in but until then, here’s what it looks like. The lamps are Flat face, not concave for those who are curious.

81110-60P70

EDEE61F1-A4FE-4740-92FD-590285E198ED.jpeg

88DCB952-7543-45D6-A13F-3B17634A3D48.jpeg

6D4A4A2E-7994-4D4E-99C9-72907FAB9F41.jpeg

AA7C6148-3AA7-4B05-B033-0D31DE8000B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha! I’ve wanted a nardi in a car again for a while and this is the closest i can get right now.

So thanks to @beno he found a Koito H4 upgrade kit. Ordered locally and it just arrived today! Decided before I install I’m going to refresh the entire bucket assy so these will have to wait until the rest of the stuff comes in but until then, here’s what it looks like. The lamps are Flat face, not concave for those who are curious.

81110-60P70

View attachment 1849779

View attachment 1849780

View attachment 1849781

View attachment 1849782

That kit is sweet. Did it come with the relay harness too, or just the bulbs? The part number just pulls up the bulbs.
I'd love to do that on my 60.

That kit is sweet. Did it come with the relay harness too, or just the bulbs? The part number just pulls up the bulbs.
I'd love to do that on my 60.

81110-60P70 is two headlamps, relay harness, two bulbs and zip ties.

Super complete kit, really cool they offer it like this.

81110-60P70 is two headlamps, relay harness, two bulbs and zip ties.

Super complete kit, really cool they offer it like this.

That rocks. Thanks!

81110-60P70

View attachment 1849779

View attachment 1849780

View attachment 1849781

View attachment 1849782
We need beam pattern pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom