Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

18808771_132946470604330_5695398424321458176_n.jpg

Let the drewling begin! Yes that's Pappy!! A bottle of Col. Taylor be be coming home with me from San Diego along with a few other cousins. Eagle Rare seems to be everywhere here

IMG_2484.JPG

Yeah, and those prices are about what you'd expect for Pappy too. Sad thing is...somebody will probably pay that much for those bottles at some point.

The Colonel is a nice pickup though! I feel like the Willett would be difficult to transport. Careful with that neck!!

Wow! That is some rare stuff on the top shelf!
Reminds me that I found this when in NYC 3 weeks ago at a shop on Broadway and about 8th St. and had to bring it home....it was $109 but it completed my collection! Stopped by a Total Wine in Atlanta off Barrett Pkwy July 4th on way home and saw EH Small Batch and Rye on shelf...was so tempted to buy it all!

EH Single Barrel.JPG

Collection 6 2017.JPG

I'm nursing the last 1/4 bottle of my EH Taylor Barrel Proof. Coincidentally, I found my bottle on the shelf for right around $100 in a shop in Brooklyn.

Let the drewling begin! Yes that's Pappy!! A bottle of Col. Taylor be be coming home with me from San Diego along with a few other cousins. Eagle Rare seems to be everywhere here

View attachment 1491348
If you happen to return to that store could you take a close up of just the Van Winkles with the prices?

Looks like 699,799,1299,1999,2499 :eek:

There is a long list of things id rather have for 2500 bux ha

I'm nursing the last 1/4 bottle of my EH Taylor Barrel Proof. Coincidentally, I found my bottle on the shelf for right around $100 in a shop in Brooklyn.

Was it the last bottle that they had? Mine was but they did have some small batch.

Was it the last bottle that they had? Mine was but they did have some small batch.

It was. They also had some small batch at the store where I got the barrel proof. I'm a fan of all of the EHT's. I'm down to my last pour of small batch in one bottle, but fortunately I have a backup! :D

Looks like 699,799,1299,1999,2499 :eek:

There is a long list of things id rather have for 2500 bux ha

Indeed.... that seems to be the going price around here also. The price that shot up to in the last decade is ridiculous. It was a stretch even when it was a few hundred bucks.

Found out there is a bourbon distillery here in Seattle.... going to give it a try and i'll report back.

How is that Defiant? I know that they use an accelerated aging process that involves aerating the whiskey around spiral cut wood staves. Never tried it but it sounds interesting.

How is that Defiant? I know that they use an accelerated aging process that involves aerating the whiskey around spiral cut wood staves. Never tried it but it sounds interesting.

I'll chime in - I enjoyed going to the distillery and the owners. I liked it while tasting at the distillery......Bought a bottle and didn't care for it at all. Bought another one and still don't care for it - it's used just for mixers at this point. The taste to me is very bland.

It's been a while since I finished the bottle I bought. Disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of most Scotches, so this "American Single Malt" isn't exactly in my wheelhouse. As I recall, it tasted like a young Scotch. Not bad for what it is, but not really my cup o' tea.

@JToobe let me know what you think of the Ocean. I can't bring myself to drop 80$ on a bottle without knowing it's good. As far as the defiant I was not a huge fan. I agree with the "bland" description. Some things take time to do right. Like land cruisers and whiskey.

Everything with whiskey is extremely subjective, but I thoroughly enjoy it. Its an easy drinker, its replaced Glenlivet 12 as my go to. They also have a rye variant coming out in October.

You can save money by buying the cheap stuff. The baby won't know the difference. That IS what you meant, right?:beer:
Yep. Just a thimble full:D

Its not bad. Ive had better but definitely an easy drinker over ice. Shouldn't have any problem finishing the bottle.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom