Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reminds me that I picked this up a little while back - nowhere near the cost of @lt1fire, but still have been enjoying it.

cskm.png

How was the Caskmates? I've thought about picking up one of those.

How was the Caskmates? I've thought about picking up one of those.

For the price - I think it was around $32 at the NC ABC store - I think it's worth it, at least to try it once. It's certainly wasn't a bottle that I tried and then sat in the back for the next two years, which has happened in the past.

Old Scout American Whiskey.
Tin Cup Whiskey.
But my favorite, Old Scout Single Barrel.

Birthday present ... guess I'll have to crack this open tomorrow

IMG_1561.JPG

This was a gift, so I'm not complaining, but don't bother.
IMG_0461.JPG

Haven't tried that one, but I haven't heard good things about it. With a name like that, I'm guessing they don't have much of a marketing department.

Haven't tried that one, but I haven't heard good things about it. With a name like that, I'm guessing they don't have much of a marketing department.
I think maybe I was a little tough in the comment above. It's ok, but I don't want to spend on ok when there are others out there much better.

I'm looking for some good plastic bottle bourbon.

Just pour good stuff in the plastic bottle when you travel. I gave up on traveling with corked bottles years ago after losing all the clothes in my bag to a brown stain and odor that repeated washings could not remove.

C'mon y'all. I couldn't have teed it up any higher. Bring it.

So there is a fairly large "Irish style" restaurant that is caddy corner from my apartment. I walk past it all the time and always marvel at the size of the "liquor mountain" behind the bar. Its a little ridiculous as the ceilings are 20 feet high and it almost spreads all the way up and is most likely a 120 foot long bar. My boss told me one time there are 1600 different bottles of liquor in it.

For some reason we've just never been in the right place to go to it, but I just learned after 60 years they are having to move since the new owners of the building want to renovate it to condos or something. Shame since it is in a beautiful 120 year old building. So we decided to go there to enjoy it in the original place before it moves.
Going tonight and I was just scanning the menu.... to say they have some Whisky/Whiskey is a bit of an understatement. And they seem to have an equal amount of Gin, Vodka, Tequila, Rum, etc.... so i'd say 1600 is possible. Here are all their offerings of the good stuff.
The fact that they have a Nikka 17 and Penderyn would sell me by itself. If any bar has either of those they are a serious bar about their overall collection of Whisky. Also the Jameson 18 is pretty rare or it used to be as only 100 bottles leave Ireland Yearly. That one is my favorite Irish Whiskey.

upload_2017-5-18_14-23-13.png

upload_2017-5-18_14-23-19.png

upload_2017-5-18_14-23-28.png

upload_2017-5-18_14-23-32.png

upload_2017-5-18_14-23-38.png

IMG_4331.JPG

This is what I'm currently sipping on. Seemed appropriate for some reason.

What did you think of the Climax Wood Fired? Haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing it probably tastes like really young bourbon.

View attachment 1490549

This is what I'm currently sipping on. Seemed appropriate for some reason.

What did you think of the Climax Wood Fired? Haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing it probably tastes like really young bourbon.
It is pretty young however the smokiness makes it smooth they have some pretty good whiskey they make some specialties ones as well they partner with makers mark to make a green tea whiskey thats only available in china that sells for like 1500 a bottle. I do business with the parent company for Makers Mark so I got a tadte of it definately an acquired taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom