Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@JToobe let me know what you think of the Ocean. I can't bring myself to drop 80$ on a bottle without knowing it's good. As far as the defiant I was not a huge fan. I agree with the "bland" description. Some things take time to do right. Like land cruisers and whiskey.

I like it but am hesitant to recommend anything that pricey as we all have our preferences. I got this bottle at Costco for $64 before it got popular ......if you lived nearby I'd offer you a taste! If you haven't had a chance to try some by the ONSC Christmas party and can attend, I'll bring it with me.

You can save money by buying the cheap stuff. The baby won't know the difference. That IS what you meant, right?:beer:

Yea, yea, thats what I meant

Stumbled on this place yesterday just 1/2 A mile from my place. Westland Distillery. Does nothing but single malts. I was seriously surprised at how good they actually were.

20170826_180944.jpg
20170826_180536.jpg
20170826_180502.jpg

@JToobe let me know what you think of the Ocean. I can't bring myself to drop 80$ on a bottle without knowing it's good. As far as the defiant I was not a huge fan. I agree with the "bland" description. Some things take time to do right. Like land cruisers and whiskey.

The ocean aged is one of my favorites and I usually grab a few bottles each release

The ocean aged is one of my favorites and I usually grab a few bottles each release
I can't bring myself to spend $25 for a glass of that, but I'd like to try it. Hoping the bartender works his way up to that tonight or tmrw. He's been giving me some nice tasting pours since I helped him find the volume knob on the music player thingy and didn't make a scene of it in front of his coworkers.

Anyhoo...Smooth Ambler Contradiction took over for the H&M. Good stuff. Thanks @Fort Knox for mentioning that once.

I can't bring myself to spend $25 for a glass of that, but I'd like to try it. Hoping the bartender works his way up to that tonight or tmrw. He's been giving me some nice tasting pours since I helped him find the volume knob on the music player thingy and didn't make a scene of it in front of his coworkers.

Anyhoo...Smooth Ambler Contradiction took over for the H&M. Good stuff. Thanks @Fort Knox for mentioning that once.

If I'm ever in town again, you're welcome to come taste it at my place. :) A cheaper one I've been enjoying is Bernheims-not too pricey wheated that's quite nice.

Glad you like it! It's gotten better over the last couple years as they've gotten better at blending their wheater with their sourced rye bourbon. I still like their single barrel bourbon better, but Contradiction has really grown on me.

After a 12 hour day at work, I went with a Four Roses single barrel for a warm-up and now a healthy pour of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Trying to decide if I want another for a night cap. Oh...who am I foolin'.....

Westward is amazing, FEW is just right for a rye
461BF7E1-5F8D-4349-9C8F-27FE2E18A48F.jpeg

Finally got my hands on a bottle of Old Forester’s Birthday Bourbon. Definitely looking forward to enjoying this one!

3F0DE763-DDB9-41F2-82EF-898703CFC4E7.jpeg

3BAC1A2D-F8AA-4750-A091-8ADED5440F04.jpeg

7A7CEA0E-616E-4501-84EB-668A22B09129.jpeg

Christmas present from my boss..... guess this means I did ok this year???

upload_2018-1-16_8-57-37.png

Picked up some Eagle Rare and Jameson Caskmates.
wDTmTPlvyjgFNd9ku6RfITycFUrieHcFFkZlF4S5e5q8ulp0jn1-wC-k3y-2vd6Z3uYweFljSkKKDTULvVc19fDc8-C64yQ4bR-ecF6NZzPiywcRNdMHXwnhySdI1bIyQuuAz6FoRXkxrt9m_NInHIZ6rXRsBK-BG_jwlISFcRKKgxYlpAWPhCd1mtO_0mW7abSQQPPg9Ecd90sLvrJwLaOGIwSl7wZmK4gTh8hGefJ0CKvzeJgl-GHEr61KMhwYDwfwRKHL58pUhJ3ljEe0yimUZ3vHE9Hbm-9uiFJCxwVaewKJ3U_eVhqGEhDnHRQZLwnoHWTfWRbhFM3k_-8URPJAceQ3byUZll-DmTyQnES5mXDXlS1kySYbURKrJVwfxbWEROo1wLMz7gp-oMhbaB8IsE30R3IDk5-fRehvwq70TLOwJEpEMTNZH5lrMiYPguEAvUffBB1anISCCnBaWigv7aA-0BoIAKPM6O__6qTUE5i9a_Po7NFk8r6s7V4eY1RIWYWYVe31vah84136_RVoyNi0fhf_UruFfoBS9Jvt0F_wH0ezfG4XPM797aFRw0MN7i8ZQSnUIqbvavIbKcI-EXDz6aIvEzPvQDA=w798-h1063-no

Please post up once you try what you think of the IPA edition :)
I like the Jameson quite a bit. The IPA barrels really add to the flavor of the whiskey. At 80 proof, the Jameson isn't very potent but is nice for sipping neat. I will definitely keep a bottle on hand. The Eagle Rare is good but it's not Old Scout. I searched the store for Old Scout but they were out :( I considered buying a bottle of Bookers but my wife would strangle me if I brought home a $70 bottle of bourbon.

I like the Jameson quite a bit. The IPA barrels really add to the flavor of the whiskey. At 80 proof, the Jameson isn't very potent but is nice for sipping neat. I will definitely keep a bottle on hand. The Eagle Rare is good but it's not Old Scout. I searched the store for Old Scout but they were out :( I considered buying a bottle of Bookers but my wife would strangle me if I brought home a $70 bottle of bourbon.

Thanks for the taste test - sounds like I'll put it on the list.

Not bourbon, but just right for St. Pat's so
Up a long ladder
Down the short rope
To Hell with King Billy
And God bless the Pope.

Pogue mo thoin!!!
:beer:
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom