Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you also have the limited view angle? If so, I can print a revised version for you and send it to you for free.

And I want to make an announcement here:

Anyone that has purchased a Scanguage mount, including Make 1, Make 5, and Make 11, and has limited view angle such as lose the top 25% screen, message me. I will print a revised version for free. Shipping is also on me.

View attachment 2153869
I hope you realize I was joking. But that is standup business. Thanks for the offer!

I have yet to instal mine as I am im the process of moving. :cheers:

Is this a good price these days? I could have sworn I've seen them for as cheap as 85 bucks before. Anyone know?
I think a little over 100 is a good price if you want it now. Of course if you wait, it'll go on sale, maybe under 100 again. That 85 you saw was a Woot random sale a while back.

If anyone needs a ScanGauge for one of these awesome mounts, AutoZone has them for $135 plus a 20% coupon - brings it to $107 with free shipping. Not bad.

@BenCC I’ll be hitting you up for one of these soon. Will likely have a request for a bit of custom.

Thats a good price. I think I paid $127 with a coupon from Advance Auto a while ago.

Here’s a used one in Kentucky on eBay. Would arrive before Christmas too

Customer's feedback on Make 12 from @Jczajka.

All three versions block the rearview mirror. The minimalist design Version 3, only blocks the very top. I am looking at my CAD model to see if I can do something to push the gauge further up in there.

1576116278225.png

All three versions block the rearview mirror. The minimalist design Version 3, only blocks the very top. I am looking at my CAD model to see if I can do something to push the gauge further up in there.

Im not worried about that, my fridge and bike rack block the majority already

I'll take it if changingground doesn't. I have a LX so I'm curious which version of the insert will work best for me, but I plan on running your setup either way.

View attachment 2154605

They definitely stick down too much for my liking. V3 blocks the mirror the least for me, but still enough that it probably cuts off 1/3 of the rear window. The headrests already block a portion of it, so visibility gets low. V1/2 really block it.

Someone short may not have the issue, though I'm not that tall; 5' 10". I tried to get a pic that shows my vantage point as best as I can. As I move it blocks a little more.

Im going to try to find the other style console with the sunglasses holder/garage door opener pocket, so I can get Make 1 style mount. I've only found grey ones on eBay, so if anyone has a tan sunglasses holder they want to part with, hit me up.

IMG_20191211_160407.jpg

IMG_20191211_161015.jpg

Maybe a silly suggestion, but can you mount the mirror a tad bit lower?

Reactions: KTP
Im going to try to find the other style console with the sunglasses holder/garage door opener pocket, so I can get Make 1 style mount. I've only found grey ones on eBay, so if anyone has a tan sunglasses holder they want to part with, hit me up.

View attachment 2155122

View attachment 2155123

I've been looking for one but havent found one. If you find 2, please let me know, I'll do the same.

@BenCC Could you design and print a whole new overhead console? That way it’s exactly as you want and not trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes. Is it within your print volume?

I’m in the same situation with these dumb Home link consoles. Plus I’m tall and prefer an upright sitting position, so it seems I’m either in the market for a new overhead console with sunnies or crossing my fingers you can one-up Toyota and make something killer.

While I’m on the train of requests. How about a LC fog light replacement panel that fits a led cube light?

The taco crowd has plenty of options for this but I’ve not seen an LC option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom