Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would be cool to have my microphone from my head unit up there next to my Scangauge and facing the driver's seat. That way I could take it off the dash where its just clipped on and looks like an after thought. Many new cars with built in mics have them placed in that location near the overhead console.

I wont have enough room unless I swap my overhead console from my 2000 LX to a newer one that can fit the large Scangauge mount, or figure out how to cut a perfect sized hole in my Mini Homelink.

PioneerMic.jpg

It would be cool to have my microphone from my head unit up there next to my Scangauge and facing the driver's seat. That way I could take it off the dash where its just clipped on and looks like an after thought. Many new cars with built in mics have them placed in that location near the overhead console.

I wont have enough room unless I swap my overhead console from my 2000 LX to a newer one that can fit the large Scangauge mount, or figure out how to cut a perfect sized hole in my Mini Homelink.

View attachment 2137193
I need you to mail your microphone to me. I can make you one Scangauge/microphone mount.

@BenCC Any major differences in pricing for the newer materials you're using?
The new material is very hard to print. For simple part, like Make 7, it is good. For complicated model, like the multi-switch mount, no good. I am planning to use this carbon fiber PC only on Make 7. One reason is that it has thin edge which requires higher toughness. I may set the price of Make 7 at $19 plus shipping.

The new material is very hard to print. For simple part, like Make 7, it is good. For complicated model, like the multi-switch mount, no good. I am planning to use this carbon fiber PC only on Make 7. One reason is that it has thin edge which requires higher toughness. I may set the price of Make 7 at $19 plus shipping.

Got it, thanks for the clarification.

Looking at your last picture of make 7, is the port on the right side (not the 110v) to be a dual-USB charger?

I'm a buyer as soon as they're ready with the 110V on one side and the USB outlets on the other.

Got it, thanks for the clarification.

Looking at your last picture of make 7, is the port on the right side (not the 110v) to be a dual-USB charger?

I'm a buyer as soon as they're ready with the 110V on one side and the USB outlets on the other.
The square one is 110V. The other port can be USB or 12V outlet depending what you put in there.

Making sure I'm following correctly... The pictured make 7 piece is made with the ability to accept either/or 12v/USB? Or it would need to be made specifically for one or the other 12v/USB?

I guess the easier question is, is the hole on the right the same hole for either a 12v or USB plug?

Making sure I'm following correctly... The pictured make 7 piece is made with the ability to accept either/or 12v/USB? Or it would need to be made specifically for one or the other 12v/USB?

I guess the easier question is, is the hole on the right the same hole for either a 12v or USB plug?
Yes, same mourning hole for 12V and USB plug.

The power of fast dual USB chargers is 24W, which is 4.8A at 5V. Assuming an efficiency of 80%, the required power is 30W, which is 2.5A at 12V. 16 AWG wire should handle that. Correct, if both ports were being used, the wire would be overloaded. If only one USB 2.4A is uded, 20 AWG wire is OK.

...depends on how many amps the window draws when activated... The fuse is 20amps, so you might be cutting it close. Even if you had to add a new wire though, USB would still be way more useful than an ashtray.

View attachment 2137193

Tuck that clip into your headliner, just above your rear view mirror. Works a treat. You'll likely have to pull the wire up an a-pillar (easy), and along the roof (also easy, just remove the sun visor). Probably a 20 minute job if you're familiar with taking the stuff apart to plug that into your HU.

Then buy @BenCC mounts for cooler stuff.

Will these new products be going on to your eBay store or purchased direct through you? I'll take a Make 7 when they're ready.

This is great stuff. I am committed to a Make 11 V2 just as soon as they are ready. I will probably grab a Make 7 as well. These little accessories always really give such fun functionality and neat personal touches to our trucks.

Crusier garage just came out with something similar. There's a thread floating around somewhere.
Theirs is just a mount that attaches to the ashtray. Trick but if there was an option for something else I would be interested to see it. I have been meaning to add a brake controller and it seems the best place in the 100 is the ashtray hole. Other options remain switches, plugs Scangauge or 2M radio head mounts for that area. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom