Antenna differences (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Guys, I need to replace the power antenna on my LX450 but it seems to be discontinued

The part number is 86300-60080

The antenna for the pre 97 Land Cruiser has another part number 86300-60050 and it seems to be available

Does anyone know the difference between them? Would the Land Cruiser Antenna work on the LX450?

Thank you very much

The only difference is the strip that moves the mast. '94 and prior have a smooth plastic band. '95 and later have a toothed band (and a toothed wheel, not really a gear, to go with it). I'm surprised they discontinued the updated design; it was implemented as an improvement, and the early 100s share this antenna (IIRC).

I have the same problem with my 95. You have two options: 1.) buy a used model; keep yours for parts or 2) buy the '94 model. Either way, going rate is way too many $$.

Has anyone found a suitable aftermarket whip? I don't care about the retractable feature, I've got 3 other aerials that don't retract...

I used a fixed Tacoma whip antenna on my 80 for a while, but the fit/finish wasn't 100%. The mount leaned in toward the center of the vehicle and never looked right to me. I now have a manual telescopic antenna from a non-US model 80. It's OEM Toyota, and made for an 80. Fit is perfect. I never even pull it up.

86300-60030 - I bought it from Cruiser Outfitters: @cruiseroutfit Cruiser Outfitters

If you want the Tacoma whip, mount, cable, etc. I'd make you a deal on that too. It is all OEM Toyota parts as well.

Maybe, but what's currently for sale isn't OEM (86336-60040); but that's just the mast. If your drum or drive gear/wheel is toast, that won't help.

The old design has superseded the new design (the toothed belt driven mast isn't listed anymore). There are cheaper prices elsewhere, too. I'd try Onur first.

Has anyone found a suitable aftermarket whip? I don't care about the retractable feature, I've got 3 other aerials that don't retract...

Thank You for calling it an aeriel. I asked for it with that term at NAPA and they looked at me like I had 3 heads. I always thought aerial and antenna were pretty much interchangable, but maybe not. Off to google now to find out.

NAPA ... was ~$11. This pic is with the stubby on, I found it in the glovebox and it didn't work. Actual mast is 14" and is 7/10 IMO compared to the stock at just under full extension height.

Antenna - Radio Universal Mast

Here is the OEM Tacoma (1st gen) antenna base and trim with an ebay stubby mast. The OEM mast got better reception, but the longer mast accentuated the lean. It really didn't look bad when installed, and nobody noticed the lean of the antenna unless I pointed it out. I'm just stupid picky. I do still have the black OEM mast for this antenna too.
antenna.jpg

The pic angle is weird here - it makes the lean look worse than it really was.
antenna3.jpg

This is the only pic I have of the OEM manual retract/telescope antenna installed. Obviously it's retracted here. It never moves from this position.
antenna2.jpg

That's not bad... but I can't stand a leaning antenna, and with three others on my rig it would seriously amplify the lean of one

why not just use a manual antenna made by Toyota for our 80 series trucks.
Genuine Toyota 86300-60030

larger image

Antenna With Holder
$50.91

Antenna with holder (manual, non-powered) for 80-series vehicles.

Price shown is for a new genuine Toyota part.
(Used, refinished, rebuilt/remanufactured, and aftermarket options may also be available. If so, select below.)

Tag: antennas, antennae, Land Cruiser, Land Cruisers, LandCruiser, LandCruisers

• Shipping Weight: 1lbs
  • Manufactured by: Genuine Toyota

Add to Cart:

That's not bad... but I can't stand a leaning antenna, and with three others on my rig it would seriously amplify the lean of one

I understand, which is why I went with this one:

larger image

Antenna With Holder
$50.91

(Used, refinished, rebuilt/remanufactured, and aftermarket options may also be available. If so, select below.)

Add to Cart:

larger image

Antenna With Holder
$50.91

Add to Cart:

So where can I purchase this antenna?

larger image

Antenna With Holder
$50.91

Add to Cart:

I'm seriously thinking about it.

So where can I purchase this antenna?
As I posted earlier, Cruiser Outfitters sells them, and @Rifleman linked the one from Cruiser Parts in the post you quoted (notice the highlighted text above the picture...) They're all over the internet too, just Google the part number.

If you're asking about the 86300-60030 OEM telescoping unit available at Cruiser Outfitters and other outlets, the antenna mast is included and is not interchangeable (as it's telescoping, not fixed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom