Finally getting to work on the 12HT a little. I ordered another pyrometer from ISSPRO for the 79 pickup build, and this time got the long 1/8” NPT probe. It protrudes into the exhaust, not all the way to the center, but this should be adequate, I assume.
I panicked because I could not locate the dipstick, flywheel bolts, or these water and vacuum bypass lines. I found everything but the lines, which is maddening. Luckily I can just use soft lines if I cannot end up locating them. Frustrating.
Moral of the story: don’t wait 2 years between starting and ending a project!
I was able to get out to the barn tonight for a few hours. I found the turbo water bypass line. Someone, probably one of my kids, threw a whole bunch of Halloween decorations on the 12HT shelves, and the line was tangled in a bunch of stupid lights. At least I found it.
I bolted up the turbo with its associated oil and water lines. The turbo waterline hose is NLA, but one from the 1Hx series of motors fit just fine. It was a bear getting the bottom water bypass pipe to fit the car, as it had gotten all bent out of shape. I had to release the V band between the turbo halves and rotate it out of the way to get everything to line back up.
All in all, I found all the parts, everything fits, it’s bolted up, and it’s one less thing to put back on the motor.