A343 Transgo Reprogram Kit Install - 1995-1997 (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so, are more and more non FI people doing this mod just to freshen up the old trannies?

Hi.
Did any body have an installation manual for this kit?
If it is not difficult, could you please take a shots of each page of it?
Or share it on google-drive.

Thanks a lot!

If I remember correctly there isn't much of a manual. It is like 1 or 2 pages that cover all of the transmissions of this type. You basically get 2 or 3 different drill sizes and a few spring options and you mix and match to your needs.

20130921_143440-jpg.808928

Last edited:
Two pictures in and i knew this was beyond my comfort level. A/T are some kind of voodoo magic anyway.

@DARKNESS Did you ever install the ball for the Orange C ? Your inbox is full.

I just completed the truck version of this and did not install a ball in the orange C spot. The tranny is working fine and the shifts are more solid now.

is there a kit of sorts for teh a442f?
or would an a343f could be placed but changing the computer? is wiring the same?
I have a 1HD-T to an A442F (power and 2nd start also)
I see here guys puting a 6BT and anA343F behind it, my guess is that only TC is changed basically (besides adaptors) therefore, and knowing there are many more A343F and the availability of the kit, I may just change to that one...of course is the above remarks prove right
Any here knows'

I just completed the truck version of this and did not install a ball in the orange C spot. The tranny is working fine and the shifts are more solid now.

Are you normally aspriated?

I wonder if it will be better with the ball? I'm not familiar with the Overdrive accumulator exhaust function

Another thing that helped with the install is some vaseline to hold the anti drain back valve up in the tranny when reinstalling the valve body. There is a pic of it on the first page of this thread.

Another thing that helped with the install is some vaseline to hold the anti drain back valve up in the tranny when reinstalling the valve body. There is a pic of it on the first page of this thread.
I cheated and used an engine stand..

IMG_20200221_134228.jpg

IMG_20200220_182959.jpg

Nice, that makes things easy... Did you install the ball in the orange C spot? My rationale to leave it out was that it was not there to begin with so...
Well I have not installed the valve body yet because I am trying to find the benefit of it out.
The instructions say it should be there, it seems like people are forgetting to put it in. I mean if you're going to follow instructions of taking certain springs / check balls out then I would think that you would want to follow those same directions of adding check balls.

Also I would ask the original poster @lilevo why he chose to leave it out or if he just forgot.

No one is forgetting to put it in. If you have the kit you know it is for this base model transmission but in like 6 different configurations. You want to leave all the balls out unless you want to lose the certain functionalities that you have other versions of this transmission do not have. Like being able to hold gears, etc.

No one is forgetting to put it in. If you have the kit you know it is for this base model transmission but in like 6 different configurations. You want to leave all the balls out unless you want to lose the certain functionalities that you have other versions of this transmission do not have. Like being able to hold gears, etc.
awesome, this is what I needed to know. Thanks Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom