Builds A New 55 Owner Intro (cgn1976 thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got a routine that works for now any way....and on what I thought was the last adjustment today, the upper front rubber hose blew off the metal fitting! lol! I know sombody said to replace them. They all looked pretty good...not new but not all crusty either. I'm guessing the hard stop tests were just too much. 4 new hoses on the way...8 steps forward 4 steps back.

I got a routine that works for now any way....and on what I thought was the last adjustment today, the upper front rubber hose blew off the metal fitting! lol! I know sombody said to replace them. They all looked pretty good...not new but not all crusty either. I'm guessing the hard stop tests were just too much. 4 new hoses on the way...8 steps forward 4 steps back.
Like PISSING in the wind 😑🙄😒😐😳😂.

I'm guessing nobody makes 55 hard lines in a pre bent set like they do for the 40s and I'm gonna have to bend em all myself? Was pretty sure I was going to have dive into this anyway as the last cylinder I put in up front, the fitting was just slightly pulling to the side when going in and has a tiny dribble leak. Not sure if it's just not tight enough. I was actually working on that when the soft hose blew.

Wasn't someone making them or starting to? You can buy straight lines from an auto parts with the correct fittings already on the line. All you need to do is take one line off at a time and bend the new one as close as possible by hand, they might no be perfect looking, but will work.

No pre-bent lines out there. Several here prior and currently diving into the joy of making brake lines. Not difficult, just time consuming.
Bought a bender and flare tool today. Tried a few for practice. I know I sound like a broken record, but my hard lines look to be in very solid shape all around. que side wall blow out!

I saw the old post from Rainman9 but wasn't sure what the deal was. I'll reach out and see what the current status is and report back. I'm a late 73 so not one of the listed groups he has the full set done for.

message sent. We'll see

I saw the old post from Rainman9 but wasn't sure what the deal was. I'll reach out and see what the current status is and report back. I'm a late 73 so not one of the listed groups he has the full set done for.

message sent. We'll see
Let us know what he still needs. The original front axle from my '74 is still sitting on the garage floor (swapped in @FJBen front axles) doing nothing, I could lend him my lines if needed.

I may have spoken too soon. Took a nice cruise and the pedal got steadily stiffer and had less play until it was hard all the way at the top. I could tell there was a little increased rub on the shoes so I opened up the cylinders a little and that helped some. I'm guessing I'm still in the adjustment phase however I noticed this on the back T fitting. I don't see anything about it in the Haynes Manual or the FSM pdf I have...so what is this and why is it leaking? Feels like a pressure relief valve or something. I'm guessing this isn't a good thing. Also seems like the fluid leak would cause a softer pedal...not sure why it would get harder as it drove. Again I have a brand new booster, brand new master, brand new soft lines and no leaks on the hard lines. I was gonna go back and bleed again to see if there's any air in the lines again. Any thgouts are helpful.

The pic below is a little bit of an optical illusion. There is no line coming out of the top of that leaking valve/fitting. Just the hanger for the sway bar
rear T fitting.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom