8x Series V8 Swaps (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Budget is definitely the highest concern here. That’s why I’m asking and I’ve driven plenty of old chevys and don’t think they drive too bad.
Sell the 700r4 and buy a 4l60e. If your really on a budget, buy a 5.3 Tahoe cheap or better yet a silverado, use the parts you need and part out the rest.

AC hose kits ready to ship! They are $325, or $350 (+Shipping) with optional trinary switch port on the condenser adapter. Includes both hoses and adapters for the firewall, condenser and compressor. 100% bolt-up for Gen 3/4 truck accessory drive.
Will get them up on the site next week, or PM me to order now. :)

6DB829D2-3879-48E5-8CF8-8DBAE5BEBC21.jpeg

5CBD7965-FAF2-4DB8-9D80-A484FDC64F49.jpeg

Hey Mat understanding the adapters the two on the far right go to the ac compressor. The two on the left the right one mounts to the firewall aaaand the one on the left mounts to the condensor coil is that correct or does it mount to the line that comes off the ac condensor through the firewall. Second the ac charge fittings are at the compressor? I think I'm gonna change the way I do mine meaning the charge fittings at the compressor I may do one bit not both it's a little tight getting the ac gauge fittings onto both charge fittings. I'll pm you my other question.
Thanks
Tommy

Hey Mat understanding the adapters the two on the far right go to the ac compressor. The two on the left the right one mounts to the firewall aaaand the one on the left mounts to the condensor coil is that correct or does it mount to the line that comes off the ac condensor through the firewall. Second the ac charge fittings are at the compressor? I think I'm gonna change the way I do mine meaning the charge fittings at the compressor I may do one bit not both it's a little tight getting the ac gauge fittings onto both charge fittings. I'll pm you my other question.
Thanks
Tommy

I posted pics of them installed on Post 4007 on this thread. One fitting is for the firewall, the other goes to the condenser itself. Both charge ports end up next to each other at the compressor. Yes it is a bit tight, but, how often are you recharging your AC on a completely fresh setup? :)

I posted pics of them installed on Post 4007 on this thread. One fitting is for the firewall, the other goes to the condenser itself. Both charge ports end up next to each other at the compressor. Yes it is a bit tight, but, how often are you recharging your AC on a completely fresh setup? :)
Cool didn't see the pictures so many posts/ tech gets lost in this thread lol . Yeah it doesn't bother me on how close everything is just trying to look out for the next mechanic down the line whenever that may be.

For those who have done a swap with a used engine, where did you procure your donor from? Is it easier to buy a complete truck or just buy a takeout from someone who parts these out? I'm looking primarily at using an l92/l94 at this point. If you buy a whole truck, is it difficult to get rid of the carcass once you've stripped what you need?

For those who have done a swap with a used engine, where did you procure your donor from? Is it easier to buy a complete truck or just buy a takeout from someone who parts these out? I'm looking primarily at using an l92/l94 at this point. If you buy a whole truck, is it difficult to get rid of the carcass once you've stripped what you need?
I bought a complete pull out (motor, trans, computer) from Hawks Motorsports.

They drop shipped it to the shop who did my swap.

Setup came from a rear ended Camaro SS with 13k miles. I’ve put 30k miles on my swap and would do it all over again.

While I haven't started my swap yet, I ended up buying an 08 Escalade that drives.

I think your question is really dependent on resources. I have storage, a big trailer, and (soon) a garage workshop. My thought was I can scavenge everything I need off of the escalade, perhaps part out some of the donor to recoup costs, and then haul the shell to the scrap yard.

Personally, I think buying a running donor is optimal.. but it's highly dependent on your infrastructure.

AC hose kits ready to ship! They are $325, or $350 (+Shipping) with optional trinary switch port on the condenser adapter. Includes both hoses and adapters for the firewall, condenser and compressor. 100% bolt-up for Gen 3/4 truck accessory drive.
Will get them up on the site next week, or PM me to order now. :)

View attachment 3576406

View attachment 3576408

My set arrived. Pro quality and I doubt could have come close and it would have required me buying an A/C crimper. It will be a while before I install these as I am still working on the exhaust, which is a pain in the ass.

Passenger side is mostly done but I still have to modify it further to put a downward bend to more it further away from the rear heater lines. 409 Stainless.

1710249043765.png

Would there be any interest in a partial or full USA 3" 304 stainless mandrel bent ls swap system for the 80 series? Attaches to factory mounts using the Toyota rubber isolators.

Would there be any interest in a partial or full USA 3" 304 stainless mandrel bent ls swap system for the 80 series? Attaches to factory mounts using the Toyota rubber isolators.
Yes, weeks ago before I started working on mine, but the Toyota rubber isolators suck ass.

Mine will be 2.5" from each side to a 2.5" 2x inlet muffler one 3.0" outlet.

Yes, weeks ago before I started working on mine, but the Toyota rubber isolators suck ass.

Mine will be 2.5" from each side to a 2.5" 2x inlet muffler one 3.0" outlet.

Why do you say the isolators suck? I mean, the 30 year old are usually broken, but I've been using new mounts on these systems for over a decade and have not had any fail that I know of. Even if they did, they are a few bucks each.

I have exhaust systems made for other (non LS) 80 series powertrain swaps. I could see atleast the muffler-back working well for an LS swap application. I couldn't see going away from the OEM Toyota mounts though. We've never had a problem with them and a lot of effort went into making all the stainless hardware to attach to them.

Why do you say the isolators suck? I mean, the 30 year old are usually broken, but I've been using new mounts on these systems for over a decade and have not had any fail that I know of. Even if they did, they are a few bucks each.

I have exhaust systems made for other (non LS) 80 series powertrain swaps. I could see atleast the muffler-back working well for an LS swap application. I couldn't see going away from the OEM Toyota mounts though. We've never had a problem with them and a lot of effort went into making all the stainless hardware to attach to them.

Because they rust super fast in my area making them one time use. The bolts will snap if you ever try to remove them after a few winters. Also, hangers have a weak point due to the right angle that has to be used to attach to the Toyota isolators.

Because they rust super fast in my area making them one time use. The bolts will snap if you ever try to remove them after a few winters. Also, hangers have a weak point due to the right angle that has to be used to attach to the Toyota isolators.
I would say this is limited to salt-road regions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom