8x Series V8 Swaps (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What I've read, is 5.7 is to big for engine compartment. Also computer is a problem. I sure with enough skill it could be done but not easy.

Since there are 98 pages of info here and since I'm new to this thread and since I'm really just looking for a specific piece of information at the moment... Can someone tell me if installing a 5.7 iForce has been discussed here and what the viability is? (it's been a long-time dream of mine and puts a smile on my face) Thanks!
3ur 5.7 would be a difficult swap. For the amount of cubic inches compared to the LS motors its far greater in physical size and would be a tight fit. Keep in mind too the 3ur starter is under the intake manifold. In my opinion its not worth it, too much hassle for too little benefit. The new GM LT motors are similar to the 3ur and are swap friendly if you want dual vvti and such and a 6 speed automatic.

3ur 5.7 would be a difficult swap. For the amount of cubic inches compared to the LS motors its far greater in physical size and would be a tight fit. Keep in mind too the 3ur starter is under the intake manifold. In my opinion its not worth it, too much hassle for too little benefit. The new GM LT motors are similar to the 3ur and are swap friendly if you want dual vvti and such and a 6 speed automatic.

The 3UR starter is under the passenger side exhaust manifold.

Well, I just picked up a 6.0/4l80e combo and plan to dive into this swap game. Lots of good info here but one thing I havent seen a solid answer on is using the NWF Black box as an adapter solution. I confirmed with them that they do in fact have one that will mate to the HF2A as well as bolt to the 4L80E, for a few hundred more dollars than a Mark's kit this seems like a good option for an adapter with the advantage of the extra gearing. Does anyone have any real world experience running one of these now ( I searched but found limited info). They did mention the newer version has an increased oil capacity to just under 1 qt (doesnt seem like much still) and it has the option to run a lube pump and aux cooler.

Well, I just picked up a 6.0/4l80e combo and plan to dive into this swap game. Lots of good info here but one thing I havent seen a solid answer on is using the NWF Black box as an adapter solution. I confirmed with them that they do in fact have one that will mate to the HF2A as well as bolt to the 4L80E, for a few hundred more dollars than a Mark's kit this seems like a good option for an adapter with the advantage of the extra gearing. Does anyone have any real world experience running one of these now ( I searched but found limited info). They did mention the newer version has an increased oil capacity to just under 1 qt (doesnt seem like much still) and it has the option to run a lube pump and aux cooler.
What about just using a atlas and do away with the hf2a all together?

IMG_20200215_153509.jpg

Has anyone else had issues when fitting the marks adapters kit to the transfer case? It seems like the factory 80 series bolts are too long. The bolts aren't cross-threaded but it gets difficult to to tighten before the bolt is flush with the transfer case.... I could shave them down but I'd figure maybe someone else has experienced this. It's been a while since a took the transfer case off so I could have mislabeled the bolts when I put them away. Are all of them supposed to be the same length?

Last edited:
View attachment 2211880
Has anyone else had issues when fitting the marks adapters kit to the transfer case? It seems like the factory 80 series bolts are too long. The bolts aren't cross-threaded but it gets difficult to to tighten before the bolt is flush with the transfer case.... I could shave them down but I'd figure maybe someone else has experienced this. It's been a while since a took the transfer case off so I could have mislabeled the bolts when I put them away. Are all of them supposed to be the same length?

The kit should have came with fasteners. That said, my kit didn't have ALL of the fasteners.
Also, the adaptor fowled with the top of the trans. Had to take a file to a rib on the trans.

The kit should have came with fasteners. That said, my kit didn't have ALL of the fasteners.
Also, the adaptor fowled with the top of the trans. Had to take a file to a rib on the trans.
My instructions said to use the OEM Toyota bolts for attaching the transfer case.

4L60. The adapter bolts to the trans just fine, the adapter -> transfer case is where I'm having issues with bolt length. I'll probably end up giving Marks a call and see if they can help.

4L60. The adapter bolts to the trans just fine, the adapter -> transfer case is where I'm having issues with bolt length. I'll probably end up giving Marks a call and see if they can help.
Yeah that’s what I meant. I’m almost certain hardware was included for that.

So I think I understand this but just to be clear I'm checking in here. I'm working on wiring up the oil pressure sender on my 5.3 LM7 swap. The diagram I posted shows that the white wire comes straight from the combination meter and the brown wire is volatage. You cant see from the image but I believe this voltage incoming is through 7.5amp fuse. Is this all sounding correct to the guys who have done this already?

IMG_0106.jpg.jpeg

Mine isn't working yet but I have my fuses in place. That is the correct fuse I believe. Hopefully I can catch up to you now that I have a month of WFH...

So I think I understand this but just to be clear I'm checking in here. I'm working on wiring up the oil pressure sender on my 5.3 LM7 swap. The diagram I posted shows that the white wire comes straight from the combination meter and the brown wire is volatage. You cant see from the image but I believe this voltage incoming is through 7.5amp fuse. Is this all sounding correct to the guys who have done this already?

View attachment 2236558

You shouldn’t need to do anything special for the oil pressure if you’re using the Toyota sender (unless you accidentally removed this wire) - just extend the existing sender wire to the new location.

likely ill have an 4l80e to h2fa adapater for sale this spring, im going to ditch for an NWF black box, so if any of my canadian friends are interested hit me up!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom