8x Series V8 Swaps (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

anyone talk about converters yet??? i did not stick to anywhere near stock power hahahahahaha

ran into the issue where i need a 2800-3000 stall, showing up any day, ill be running a triple disk billet converter, just curious what others have ran for converters. I had originally went with a 2000 Hughes XTM but its just not enough
Ugh, you should have said something. I have a brand new 3k, billet, triple disk lockup from Circle D that i want yo sell, as if i do an ls swap, itll be stock.

I ordered from Summit the 'Chevrolet Performance Engine Oil Pans 12628771' as I thought this was the correct pan I needed. It's coming into contact with my windage tray. Did anyone else have to replace theirs as well? I'm running a 5.3 lm7. It also came with a pickup tube but that isn't going to mount to my windage tray.

*EDIT*: I believe I found my answer. Yes. I do need the corresponding windage tray. For anyone curious its part #:GMEMX00005 from 1Aauto

You can buy a 'kit' (pan, windage, dipstick, gasket, pickup) for a complete swap in one package. I can't find the part number but I bought one from Speedway Motors a while back.

We need videos of this thing! Nobody ever posts any good videos. I need to film a good drive by myself. Have only heard it from the driver seat.

ill get some this next week or so, im headed wheeling this next weekend! my LS swap is a little more power based than most hahahahahah

Do (can) you actually go low range wheeling with a high stall? :hmm:

yup quite easy, i prefer to have my stall sized according to the power range, being under stalled really affected my torque bump, id get to the obstacle and push through the stall and brakes

Ugh, you should have said something. I have a brand new 3k, billet, triple disk lockup from Circle D that i want yo sell, as if i do an ls swap, itll be stock.

literally what just showed up at my door and I installed hahahahah circle d 2800-3000 triple disck billet converter

if anyone is looking for an every day stock friendly converter i would HIGHLY suggest a hughes 25LXTM the sheer extra fluid volume is worth every extra penny!

and why 5.29s and my ls did not last long hahahahahaha

IMG_20190608_215119.jpg

IMG_20190608_215228.jpg

IMG_20190517_231904.jpg

IMG_20190518_140536.jpg

IMG_20190518_140601.jpg

I would probably go with a 9.5 diff just to make sure it holds up.
What is diamond snd ruff stuff getting for a 9.5 front housing? Without brackets of course.

I’ve been contemplating a 3 link, have a spare 9.5 center and plan on an ls swap(6.0, stock), been thinking about a housing swap as well, even though I don’t get all that rough with it now, i might up my game.

What is diamond snd ruff stuff getting for a 9.5 front housing? Without brackets of course.

I’ve been contemplating a 3 link, have a spare 9.5 center and plan on an ls swap(6.0, stock), been thinking about a housing swap as well, even though I don’t get all that rough with it now, i might up my game.
Around 700 to 900 if I recall.

Anybody ever have an issue with the OD light in the dash flashing? This one flashes steadily on/off every few seconds.

The GM Connect & Cruise has a ground input for an OD-off, which I connected to the button on the shifter & works great, and makes the light stay on as it should. It could be related to that, but not sure.

The ‘D’ light is out, so this may be a good excuse to swap bulbs :grinpimp:

(waiting on a replacement Dakota Digital gear indicator adapter. First one had issues.)

Otherwise, it runs great. AC blows cold (and cycles), all the other dash functions function, the (Dakota Digital) cruise control cruises, and the electric fans & stock radiator seem to have no issue keeping temps in check.

Totally digging the LS3 in the 80. Seems like a perfect match.

B07D11F9-CC5E-4E60-95D0-BDB38F3E082D.jpeg

01476C75-1720-4B37-9F42-803167FFFFFF.jpeg

Anybody ever have an issue with the OD light in the dash flashing? This one flashes steadily on/off every few seconds.

The GM Connect & Cruise has a ground input for an OD-off, which I connected to the button on the shifter & works great, and makes the light stay on as it should. It could be related to that, but not sure.

(waiting on a replacement Dakota Digital gear indicator adapter. First one had issues.)

Otherwise, it runs great. AC blows cold (and cycles), all the other dash functions function, the (Dakota Digital) cruise control cruises, and the electric fans & stock radiator seem to have no issue keeping temps in check.

View attachment 2000766

View attachment 2000767

Lol.

I removed the bulb. All of them actually.

View attachment 2000766

View attachment 2000767
Is that the DBW harness coming through the throttle cable hole? I almost did the same thing.

View attachment 2000766

View attachment 2000767

What intake pipe is this? Custom job or off the shelf? Looks like a perfect fit.

What intake pipe is this? Custom job or off the shelf? Looks like a perfect fit.

Off the shelf tube (135 or 150 degree maybe?), cut to fit. Stole the idea from @azcrackshot ’s build.

Gear indicators work!

Also removed the (flashing) OD bulb, and moved the previously unused “Power” bulb (no switch for that on this ‘94) to the burnt out D position.

Park/Neutral safety is also provided by the DD unit.

Also pretty cool that I could see the Cancel OD button and B Shift Calibration working through the transmission controller software.

I only opened it up to enter the tire size & gear ratio. I don’t know enough to improve the shift points... but if I did, I’d play around with the B Calibration. It’s not that much different than A right now.

3B3D0E82-6D3D-462B-8164-3BCAC99FB05A.jpeg

Gear indicators work!

Also removed the (flashing) OD bulb, and moved the previously unused “Power” bulb (no switch for that on this ‘94) to the burnt out D position.

Park/Neutral safety is also provided by the DD unit.

I was able to get the D and OD light to come on simultaneously in 3rd by using a couple of relays. Pretty simple to wire if anyone is interested.

I have been following this v8 swap and decided to do the swap.
But one thing i have searched is regarding the CDL switch after removing the 1FZ engine and harness Is there a wiring diagram for the CDL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom