8x Series V8 Swaps (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front diff will still tag the engine oil pan depending on your springs. Im putting in stops.

Got a pic of where? Holley has some pans with different profiles compared to the GM pan.

Holley Pans

GM F-body pan

Got a pic of where? Holley has some pans with different profiles compared to the GM pan.

Holley Pans
View attachment 1996176

GM F-body pan
View attachment 1996177
Thanks for the reply. I do not think anything will work (I have the GM F-body pan) except for stopping travel.

IMG_2191.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I do not think anything will work (I have the GM F-body pan) except for stopping travel.

View attachment 1996232

What transmission/adapter/transfer case are you using? There seems to be alot of variation in fore-aft placement of these engines somehow. Some guys needing to take a hammer to the PS firewall, and others having plenty of room. I think yours is the first I've seen in my reading having trouble with the diff & oil pan. I imagine you have alot of room at the firewall?

It looks to me like that Holley 302-1 pan might help you - the deep part is about 4" shorter then the GM pan.

Last edited:
The H3 sump may may be "shorter" front to back, but it hangs lower to make up for it.
Its also notched more on the diff side i have both pans on two different ls swapped 60s i know this is 80s tho can take pics of both for comparison i even notched the one with the camaro pan.

Its also notched more on the diff side i have both pans on two different ls swapped 60s i know this is 80s tho can take pics of both for comparison i even notched the one with the camaro pan.

I'd love to see pics. Thanks.

What transmission/adapter/transfer case are you using? There seems to be alot of variation in fore-aft placement of these engines somehow. Some guys needing to take a hammer to the PS firewall, and others having plenty of room. I think yours is the first I've seen in my reading having trouble with the diff & oil pan. I imagine you have alot of room pat the firewall?

It looks to me like that Holley 301-1 pan might help you - the deep part is about 4" shorter then the GM pan.

I’m not to worried about this cause I can work through it. I’m sitting 4 inches above stock. I’ve hammered to fit the gen IV l96, 6l80e and marks4wd in my 96. My pan measures at 5.7 ish inch high( F -body Camaro pan). I can go up with spacers on the mounts (or other fixes) but not too worried of hitting cause of my new setup.

I just posted so people are mindful that you will tag the pan if not careful.

Now for the Double Cardan has anyone had issues with a 6l80. I think the 4l80 clears. Attached is photo. I’m taking some material off the DC and the pan, I hope it’s enough. But open to suggestions

FDCEDCE7-5C0C-41B2-8066-7D51AAF50424.jpeg

anyone talk about converters yet??? i did not stick to anywhere near stock power hahahahahaha

ran into the issue where i need a 2800-3000 stall, showing up any day, ill be running a triple disk billet converter, just curious what others have ran for converters. I had originally went with a 2000 Hughes XTM but its just not enough

I ordered from Summit the 'Chevrolet Performance Engine Oil Pans 12628771' as I thought this was the correct pan I needed. It's coming into contact with my windage tray. Did anyone else have to replace theirs as well? I'm running a 5.3 lm7. It also came with a pickup tube but that isn't going to mount to my windage tray.

*EDIT*: I believe I found my answer. Yes. I do need the corresponding windage tray. For anyone curious its part #:GMEMX00005 from 1Aauto

Last edited:
I ordered from Summit the 'Chevrolet Performance Engine Oil Pans 12628771' as I thought this was the correct pan I needed. It's coming into contact with my windage tray. Did anyone else have to replace theirs as well? I'm running a 5.3 lm7. It also came with a pickup tube but that isn't going to mount to my windage tray.

*EDIT*: I believe I found my answer. Yes. I do need the corresponding windage tray. For anyone curious its part #:GMEMX00005 from 1Aauto
Yep. You figured it out. You make sure you have the proper dipstick and tube also!

anyone talk about converters yet??? i did not stick to anywhere near stock power hahahahahaha

ran into the issue where i need a 2800-3000 stall, showing up any day, ill be running a triple disk billet converter, just curious what others have ran for converters. I had originally went with a 2000 Hughes XTM but its just not enough
We need videos of this thing! Nobody ever posts any good videos. I need to film a good drive by myself. Have only heard it from the driver seat.

Do (can) you actually go low range wheeling with a high stall? :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom