74 PA PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep it coming this gives me hope one day that I will be able to tackle mine.

I am hooked for sure plenty of pics, we like pics.
Thanks for the vote of confidence and support everyone. The killers on these projects is time (lack of it), money (I really don't count. I don't want to know) and ambition. Always good to chat with some fellow lunatics. I'll keep the pictures coming.

Thanks Bob. You were the catalyst that got me moving. Had been thinking about the project for some time and not until you made the replacement parts available did it become a reality.
@bobm needs to ship internationally so we can save some more pigs down under!

You're not Crazy! You're just 1 of us. If he @drbeemer73 spent time here he would understand 😃😎. Dr. Beemer 🤔 BMW??

I love when crazy people say people are not crazy.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and support everyone. The killers on these projects is time (lack of it), money (I really don't count. I don't want to know) and ambition. Always good to chat with some fellow lunatics. I'll keep the pictures coming.
My "rare" green '76 55 has much the same problems as yours, from the beltline down. It's great to have a buddy who can do creative body work and weld

BTY just out of curiosity, what did it take to get your tailgate hinge screws out to remove the tailgate?

Money should not really be an issue, only $5000 to build one according to most wives of mud members
I like your thinking. In case any of the significant others ever talk (wonder if they may have a wives forum somewhere?) the standard answer should always be "it's only $5,000. Unless of course it's less which rarely happens!

Thinking you should post up those part numbers for the replacement Reading parts. The rest of us are going to need them at some point in time.
Here is the information I have on the replacement rear quarter panels with lip/profile: Looks like Reading Equipment has eight locations. I worked with the Bowmansville, PA location. Parts Department 717-445-1186.

I'm guessing a wheel well a wheel well? Driver and passenger sides are the same but I did order both sides: Roadside & Curbside Wheelhouse Panels

I remember the price being $320/panel. They originally said 6 weeks delivery but it took much longer.

Not sure if all the utility bodies have the same wheelhouse dimensions, I went with what I knew. See the attached pics for the Utility Body reference numbers
IMG_0570[807].jpg

IMG_0571[805].jpg

IMG_0572[806].jpg

Good luck! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Been about 2 weeks since my last post. Somehow life gets in the way. Gonna fire out some more body repair pics. I know you've seen this first one but a before reminder followed by drivers side repair
img 43.jpg
img 109.jpg

Passenger front door
1mg 41.jpg
img 111.jpg
img 108.jpg

At this point rust repair on the body is progressing well. Still much to do, need to work on the roof, front fenders, doors and tailgate. We elected to primer the body to provide some metal protection before moving to the other areas. Body and paint prep work.
img 92.jpg
img 93.jpg
img 94.jpg
img 95.jpg
img 96.jpg

Next phase to attack are the doors and tailgate. Completely removed all hardware. Stripped down to bare metal. Can see the rusted areas at the bottom of the tailgate.

img 102.jpg

img 105.jpg

Cut out the bad medal.
img 103.jpg

Welded in new metal.
img 107.jpg

Treating all metal with this rust converter. Hoping to slow down any future rust. Of course this pig won't see any more Pennsylvania road salt. Not a fan of garage queens, I drive all my cruisers but they get put away for the winter. March is here and I'm anxious hit the road again.

img 117.jpg
img 118.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom