70 Series military use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Military vehicles of the Libyan internationally recognised government

94WTYlo.png

I bet that roof panel and hood have some "hail damage" :lol:

Been some good photos of the 7x in operation in Libya these days....

First picture is one that @c2dfj45 built for the Libyan army....

View attachment 2336928

2nd pic is one I built for the rebellion...

:lol:

View attachment 2336929
I have been so tempted to do an urban camo 79 but I'd be way too afraid of all the attention and looks it would get. That 4 door is OFF THE CHARTS. That's how I'd make mine. Pic saved for future reference :)

I have been so tempted to do an urban camo 79 but I'd be way too afraid of all the attention and looks it would get. That 4 door is OFF THE CHARTS. That's how I'd make mine. Pic saved for future reference :)
If you do Real Tree or Mossy Oak camo no one will even see the truck. :lol:

A special branch of the military guards our facilities over here and for the most part they use 79 series, 2 door pickups and FJ Cruisers. The 79s are always equipped with the Dunlop SP Qualifier tires until the last week or so when I started noticing one or two sporting a Toyo with a much more aggressive tread. I stopped yesterday and they let me take a photo of the tire. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the tread as I assumed a quick google search would find the tire but I am finding it much more elusive than I presumed. The tread is not quite an MT but maybe an AT+. I posted the tire in this thread because at this point I am assuming it's a military only tire.

7C79DF0A-16C9-4BE6-BC7A-1DE9D369C823.jpeg

A special branch of the military guards our facilities over here and for the most part they use 79 series, 2 door pickups and FJ Cruisers. The 79s are always equipped with the Dunlop SP Qualifier tires until the last week or so when I started noticing one or two sporting a Toyo with a much more aggressive tread. I stopped yesterday and they let me take a photo of the tire. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the tread as I assumed a quick google search would find the tire but I am finding it much more elusive than I presumed. The tread is not quite an MT but maybe an AT+. I posted the tire in this thread because at this point I am assuming it's a military only tire.

View attachment 2460265
FJ Cruisers ....really

I don't have pictures, but instead of a video of 75's and 79's in combat. The whole video is interesting, but if you're pressed for time I suggest starting at 17:40ish and watching it through to the end. I just find it really interesting to see footage of what it's like to be in combat (or fleeing from it) in the same type of vehicle I drive every day, just putting around town in lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom