69 FST Spring Green partial restore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a link as to where you go those washers?
Do you remember where you got them from? I've looked online, but that size I can't locate.

Horns are working! I ended up getting that rubber isolator from SOR. I had to cut it down and then glue it on, but they are now working properly. I was under the impression that when you push the horn button that the center of the button would make contact. But, after watching a youtube video of another person bringing one back to life I realized that it's actually the outer edges that need to make contact in order to close the circuit. It all made sense after that...lol!

Alright, since my last post I've done a few things. I had the soft top frame sand blasted and I rattle can painted it. My local auto paint store is pretty good with color matching. I also replaced the worn out weatherstripping around the soft top doors with some new rubber from SOR. I then replaced the spark plugs and wires with some Toyota OEM parts. Here are some pics taken today.

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0990 - Copy.JPG

Love everything about it. Nice job.

If it were mine, I would hunt down a semi crusty bezel and some Koito headlamps instead of the racer lights.

Everything is so cool and original looking except those. ;)

Love everything about it. Nice job.

If it were mine, I would hunt down a semi crusty bezel and some Koito headlamps instead of the racer lights.

Everything is so cool and original looking except those. ;)
I agree with you on both. If anyone has a crusty bezel lying around hit me up! As for the Koito lamps I tried to find the upgrade kits, but they've been out of stock so I went with these. Hopefully I can score a set from someone.

Last edited:
I agree with you on both. If anyone has a crusty bezel lying around hit me up! As for the Koito lamps I tried to find the upgrade kits, but they've been out of stock so I went with these. Hopefully I can score a set from someone.
Did you check with @CruiserTrash for a light kit?

Your tires on the green one look good. What kind are they, where did you get them, and what size are they?

Alright, since my last post I've done a few things. I had the soft top frame sand blasted and I rattle can painted it. My local auto paint store is pretty good with color matching. I also replaced the worn out weatherstripping around the soft top doors with some new rubber from SOR. I then replaced the spark plugs and wires with some Toyota OEM parts. Here are some pics taken today.

View attachment 3437518

View attachment 3437519

View attachment 3437522

View attachment 3437523

View attachment 3437524
Was going to say so much good until those lights, lol. Glad they’re only temporary. The kioto kits seem to be available at several sources but I haven’t tried to actually buy one (mine came from cruiserteq a couple years ago and is still sitting in my storage).

Your tires on the green one look good. What kind are they, where did you get them, and what size are they?
They were on it when I got it. I'll check the size of them later when I get home.

Was going to say so much good until those lights, lol. Glad they’re only temporary. The kioto kits seem to be available at several sources but I haven’t tried to actually buy one (mine came from cruiserteq a couple years ago and is still sitting in my storage).
It seems they're sold out at the moment. I've been looking, but not much luck thus far.

I forgot I bought a set of the Kioto light kit awhile back...they were buried in my garage. They are now installed.

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

Horns are working! I ended up getting that rubber isolator from SOR. I had to cut it down and then glue it on, but they are now working properly. I was under the impression that when you push the horn button that the center of the button would make contact. But, after watching a youtube video of another person bringing one back to life I realized that it's actually the outer edges that need to make contact in order to close the circuit. It all made sense after that...lol!

do you have that youtube link? i’m working on getting mine working and had the same assumption about the horn button. i’m having a hard time understanding how this system works

Last edited:
do you have that youtube link? i’m working on getting mine working and had the same assumption about the horn button. i’m having a hard time understanding how this system works

He starts working on the horn around the 4:35 mark of that video.

Following

Looks like the new shoes could use a new street to walk on Craig!😛

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom