500 dollar 2f forklift/LC rebuild kit on ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All:

I vaguely remember talk about using Toyota forklift engine re-build kits on Land Cruiser engines some years ago on the Land Cruiser Mailing List (LCML.) You might check the archives of the LCML, which are hosted at Under Construction

Good luck!

Alan

There was a discussion here too a year or so ago if I recall. I have looked and been unable to find it. If that is legit (appears to be) it must be ordered to your spec. Bearing that are provided are for your over bores so you have to know how large you need to go before you order.

In my case, I want to rebuild the 2F that came out of the FJ60 I just parted but I have not torn it downa nd therefore do not know what kind of damge I am dealing with nor how large a bore I will need.

most deceiving bunch of crap I've ever seen:hmm:

Kit vs parts

"You can piece that kit together yourself for about the same money"

Yup you are probably right about that. Paying a premium for the convenience factor of a kit.

Is there a part number for an OEM toyota master rebuild kit? Or is it all ordered individually?

Is there a part number for an OEM toyota master rebuild kit?
What they are selling is no way OEM..... I like the way they breakdown the pistons, rings and pins as separate items, as those all come together as a kit anyway ...... those cats probably have about 325$ in that cheap mess... ITM or less quality........

Through '78 the pistons are domed and flat there after. I do not see where they address this.

I have not looked at this Ebay Item.

but...

a number of us used to purchase complete rebuild "kits" for the 2F... OEM parts for the most part that wer Simply diverted from the Toyota system before they became Toyota (most of this stuff was produced my non-Toyota subcontractors).... Anyway, We were paying about $500 for the kits from a forklift supply wholesaler.
However they came under new ownership and their service went to s***... My last contact with them was a phone message to the effect that I was ready to buy another 6 kits, but since I have been waiting 3 weeks for the two that I had ordered already, I needed to hear from them..... never got that phone call returned... I do not even know if they are still in business.

Mark...

A complete gasket/seal rebuilt kit is around $285 from American Toyota. That is just for all the gaskets and seals.

There is no way that kit is oem though. Fel-Pro kits run $140 or less. Pistons $208, rod bearings $40, main bearings $43, Cam bearings $20. Add a little for shipping and you are under $500.

Jeremy

I found it easier to just have the machine shop source the parts. They can get them a very good prices, and of course they know what over or undersized parts to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom