4plusproducts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcwizard

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.4plusproducts.com
After a lot of reservation, I've decided to post this. Sales on parts this year have dropped about 70% in comparison to the last five years so unless
this economy completely turns around, I'll be shutting down parts production. I have inventory I'll work through and continue with shop projects for a while
but at 64 y/o, I don't have the years to wait out a 2008 like crash. That one took 5 years to show improvement. I've always built parts that I felt would
improve the off road experience but times are changing and most 40s aren't seeing the use they were made for anymore.
To keep prices reasonable you have to build in numbers and the numbers are no longer there. I'll keep email open and reply to inquiries.
The 40 and 60 carriers will be the last to go off line, depending on my health. I may reinvest in more u-bolt flip kits. That is undecided at the moment.

Thanks for your past support
Dave

It's Unfortunate but Understandable in these times.
✌️ :beer:

This is sad
It's been 33+ years. eventually I get old and die or the market gets too small. Maybe @topnault will have some luck resurrecting the 40 market here.
We need a reason for new vendors to get in and provide the options that keep interest a truck alive. We don't want the 40 and 60 market to go by way of the Scout

Dave, just sent you a PM.

Bummed to hear Dave. I guess it's just one of those things you subconsciously expect will be around forever, in spite of the reality. I've wanted a custom bull bar style bumper from you for years but the funds never worked out for it. I imagine at this point it's too late huh?

@lcwizard This is a huge bummer, but understandable given your analysis. Maybe the bright side is you can enjoy some form of retirement and maybe some more wheeling!

Personally I’ve been trying to squirrel away some dollars to get your 60 front bumper - in my opinion the best looking one on the market - and the u-bolt flip kit. My truck has been needy and my funds keep getting diverted to needs like brakes and an upcoming engine rebuild. I hope I can swing both before you’re done. Maybe somebody picks up the torch and hopefully the quality is as good as your stuff.

I’d also like to thank you for the guidance on shackle reversal geometry, it’s really paid off on my truck. In our conversation I could tell that your knowledge runs very deep - that’s a huge asset to this community.

Anyway, that’s a lot of words. Fingers crossed things pick up, and if not then hopefully it’s a blessing in disguise.

Be prepared for a spurt in business.
That's my thought. Everyone who had wanted something but had to back burner it for whatever reasons is seeing a "holy crap now or never!" to get some good 4+Plus stuff 😂

Hopefully things will pick up but we understand if they don't. It's sad to see a 'been there since the beginning' vendor fade away. Most of my trucks have at least one part you've designed and manufactured, Dave.

:beer:

Razors are providing off the shelf access to trails that previously required significant off-road modifications to older Land Crusiers, Jeeps, Boncos, and Scouts. (It's letting the 4-wheeler riff-raff in.) Add in a pervasive economic down turn and a lot of vendors may be closing their doors.

Bummed, I have 2 4plus front bumpers, have used the ubolt flips on builds, have some weld in tie rod inserts waiting and an h55f skidplate, tcase mount to be used up. Sad that we are all getting older and the hobby is drying up. I swung by Dave's place at the end of March. Great guy, would have hung out all day but needed to be in NM for dinner. Not sure what I "need" right now but this will be a huge loss to the hobby.

20230330_103004.jpg

20230330_103450.jpg

20230330_104827.jpg

20230330_105203.jpg

All I can say is thanks for building what we all needed. That's your bumper on my 60 in my avatar. Been there since I first got
that truck 12 yrs ago. It's been smashed, bashed and modified. An inspiration to me for sure. I'm not far behind you, only a couple
of years. If your bumper was as crappy as my $1200 iphone I'd get a new one every 4 years. That's the difference between quality
and crap. J

Dave, you are a class act. Hats off to ya! Been a strong fan and have bought a few from you. My sons have learned what good design is from what you have done! Hoping for the best!

Last edited:
You don’t buy the stuff for real life reasons and priorities and then one day, they’re gone.

I need to make more money for car parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom