4:1 gears in a 34mm split case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is this a kit that came from us? Give us a buzz at the shop and we can look up your specs and make sure we sent you the right kit and parts to fit as well as discuss any install details.

Negative. Gears came from advance adapters and rebuild kit came from Georg. I’ve been hesitant to call for that reason.

Negative. Gears came from advance adapters and rebuild kit came from Georg. I’ve been hesitant to call for that reason.

Buzz AA, they can certainly look what model you have, what they sold you and verify everything jives. They are great folks.

Also, called my local toyota dealer, ordered a new spacer for the idler bearings. The kit from AA includes bearings but no spacer. PN 90560-38003. Should have it early next week.

Idler gear requires some clearance modifications as well. Haven’t seen anyone talking about that.

CD21AB6A-1639-4492-B2D2-2FC288242196.jpeg

Made some decent progress on my lunch break today. Cluster gear is all together with new bearings. All that’s left is Finishing the case.

I am VERY close to being done with the case and I haven’t broke through...yet. There’s still time. Once I think I’m done, I do a full assembly with the transmission output torqued and the transfercase output torqued the disassemble again and check for any contact/witness marks. May be reinstalling this weekend! Thinking about building a adapter to lift it in with my floor jack.

A15CFAF3-FF5A-4E9B-8D90-00DE7B4D9C27.jpeg

27339C51-52AA-4BEB-A3F1-AE49EDF3F139.jpeg

Finished up work early and spent another hour on the case half. I am done with clearencing and did not break through the case!

Waiting on my idler bearings spacer. And I’ll be ready for final assembly!

going to see what I can digup to try and measure the rear case half where I clearanced it. Not sure I have anything that will work.

CA7606F8-5CFB-4309-8C7F-555CAFD44123.jpeg

Finished up work early and spent another hour on the case half. I am done with clearencing and did not break through the case!

Waiting on my idler bearings spacer. And I’ll be ready for final assembly!

going to see what I can digup to try and measure the rear case half where I clearanced it. Not sure I have anything that will work.

View attachment 2463742

you can spray the inside with paint to help mark the spots were you might have clearance issues. Assemble and rotate a few rotations.

Shouldn’t be a problem to clean it out after.

Made some decent progress on my lunch break today. Cluster gear is all together with new bearings. All that’s left is Finishing the case.

I am VERY close to being done with the case and I haven’t broke through...yet. There’s still time. Once I think I’m done, I do a full assembly with the transmission output torqued and the transfercase output torqued the disassemble again and check for any contact/witness marks. May be reinstalling this weekend! Thinking about building a adapter to lift it in with my floor jack.

View attachment 2463648

View attachment 2463649
May want to modify the breather too while it's on the bench for water crossings.

On your last picture of the split case open. Can you give me a quick explanation of where you had to clearance the case? I see two spots on the left? Is that it?

On your last picture of the split case open. Can you give me a quick explanation of where you had to clearance the case? I see two spots on the left? Is that it?

Bhsdriller highlighted them all.

The two on the left are for the Idler gear, which I haven’t seen anyone talking about. I didn’t do as nearly a nice job on those as I did for low range gear.

Here’s some pictures of a 38mm case that Valley hybrids did. Much nicer than my case, but I don’t have access to a mill.

I used a combination of a flap disc on an angle grinder and a 36grit Roloc disc on a 90* die grinder

46F25184-30FF-4CE4-945D-F3A2F6300554.jpeg

clearance 3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom