3rd Row Seats Power Tap without cutting or splicing OE harness (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome piece of kit here... PM'd you, Oz!

Also FYI folks, I'm experimenting with a LiFePo4 battery I'm making for my GX that will be a drop-in replacement and have about 4kWh of storage, which is 6-8x the usable capacity of the standard group 24F lead acid battery, and in theory should last the life of your rig. If testing goes well in the next few months, I may offer them for sale here. I'm guestimating it'd be in the $1k range... yes pricey, but 30-50% less than similar products I've found. Stay tuned! -Nick

Awesome piece of kit here... PM'd you, Oz!

Also FYI folks, I'm experimenting with a LiFePo4 battery I'm making for my GX that will be a drop-in replacement and have about 4kWh of storage, which is 6-8x the usable capacity of the standard group 24F lead acid battery, and in theory should last the life of your rig. If testing goes well in the next few months, I may offer them for sale here. I'm guestimating it'd be in the $1k range... yes pricey, but 30-50% less than similar products I've found. Stay tuned! -Nick

Isn’t that a solar battery? Or more correctly a battery you’d use for a solar system battery bank? If it was something I’d ne rr have to replace and it would have the power output you mention I’d think about getting one eventually.

Just reviving this thread.
Also, I started building power stations for some friends and its turning out pretty good. I can build them using either the Big cubby cover ( where the ML subwoofer sits for non-ML trim) or in the Jack access door like in the picture below.

Pricing varies depending on what type of connections you need and how many, etc....

send me a msg and we can discuss further!

Cheers!!

241266551_1318638725219705_4710644743796981052_n.jpg

241509989_394480162240205_8401821386862113440_n.jpg

241291164_401279514728961_819118807484262580_n.jpg

Stole my idea. LOL

I did a setup like this years ago on the jack access panel cover. Works great and a perfect location for easy access.
20190331_152845-jpg.1941407

20190331_152900-jpg.1941412

I wish I had stumbled on this thread a few months ago! I have my 3rd row seats out, and I ended up running 8 AWG wire from the engine bay, all the way back to the rear cargo area (along with some other stuff) to support a fridge and accessories in the rear of the vehicle. Check post #52 of my build thread. Anyway, I'm going to pick up one of these power taps, as the 460 has a disappoint lack of electrical outlets in the rear.

@THEOZMAN PM sent.

Wanted to say, @THEOZMAN makes a great quality product and delivers awesome customer service. I had some questions about his taps and he gave me info and tips plus offered some other add on services (splicing wires and extending to my specs). I ordered on Thur, he shipped on Fri and I received the taps on Mon. I haven’t installed them yet but they are certainly top notch. Thanks Izat.

Wanted to say, @THEOZMAN makes a great quality product and delivers awesome customer service. I had some questions about his taps and he gave me info and tips plus offered some other add on services (splicing wires and extending to my specs). I ordered on Thur, he shipped on Fri and I received the taps on Mon. I haven’t installed them yet but they are certainly top notch. Thanks Izat.

I recently placed an order with @THEOZMAN as well.I placed my order a day or two ago, and the harness was shipped today. Meanwhile, this is waiting for the power-
splice....

tempImageusTkti.jpg

tempImageeFzuTW.jpg
tempImageRr11RC.jpg

Thank you for the shoutout!
Cheers

I just found this thread. @THEOZMAN thank you for the product. I am out of town for a few weeks starting tomorrow, but I will be ordering in a few weeks when I get back. And thanks to everyone else for the awesome ideas.
I was dreading figuring out how to power a fridge in the back for a longer trip next summer. Well, now that I have a solution, I just need to get to work.

I just found this thread. @THEOZMAN thank you for the product. I am out of town for a few weeks starting tomorrow, but I will be ordering in a few weeks when I get back. And thanks to everyone else for the awesome ideas.
I was dreading figuring out how to power a fridge in the back for a longer trip next summer. Well, now that I have a solution, I just need to get to work.
Another vote for @THEOZMAN - I received his product yesterday, and as I'd expect, there were no issues. As simple as plug and play. I recommend the Blue Sea 4366 power panel - it seems to work great!

If you need another reference I did a very similar power port on mine, except I added a 3000 watt pure sine inverter in the back also.
Start at powt #40, or further up if want to know about the inverter: Builds - R2M 2013 Lexus GX460 Overland Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/r2m-2013-lexus-gx460-overland-build.1104719/page-2
Just be sure you use large enough gauge wire when running it back there to your power ports.

What kinda amps are you pulling? Did you combine both sides?
I just linked to the driver's side. When I pulled the third row seats, I had pulled the fuse for the seat motors, so the passenger side is open. With this implementation, I was pulling ~6A. I was powering my Dometic CF3-75 DZ fridge, and charging my cell phone. It's hard to tell true current draw on the fridge, but I think this should be good up to ~20A to ~30A. Not sure if you've seen my build thread, But I also ran 8AWG from the battery to the trunk, as a designated fridge line. There, I'm able to get ~ 13.6V when idling (hardly any voltage drop)

I use my power ports in the back ALL the time, especially when using the fridge. I just plug it into the 12 VDC cig lighter and turn on the power switch.

Update:

I am sold out of the T-harness style connectors but still offering the original style connectors.

Cheers!

Update:

I am sold out of the T-harness style connectors but still offering the original style connectors.

Cheers!
Darn it! Any ETA on a restock of the T-Harness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom