3rd Row Seats Power Tap without cutting or splicing OE harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool, albeit they’re on the switch/main power supply correct? Where’s the stock plug at, on the floor? I think if it’s under the Goode Gear plate that I’m not tearing apart the back end to put the plug in! Very cool idea though man👏🏼 Spot on

Very cool, albeit they’re on the switch/main power supply correct? Where’s the stock plug at, on the floor? I think if it’s under the Goode Gear plate that I’m not tearing apart the back end to put the plug in! Very cool idea though man👏🏼 Spot on

My seats would raise and lower with ignition off so they’re always hot circuits.

Plugs are in the back corners, near the wing portions, but yea essentially on the floor metal floor of the cargo area. Under here:

082C345F-1629-4624-94C5-E4B6D0E4D379.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Fellows!

By popular demand, I will now be offering a T-Style Harness to maintain full functionality of the 3rd row seats while utilizing the circuit for an unlimited 12v possibilities.

This harness is made with 14 AWG for the power wires and 20 AWG for signal wires ( larger than OE harness for durability).

All OEM TOYOTA connectors and terminals.

The 3 ft. external power leads are soldered and heat shrunk for best strength and conductivity.

The price is $70 shipped to your door anywhere in the continental US. Anywhere else, we can figure something out.

I will have 20 available for purchase as a first batch. I will still be offering the original style connecters as well!

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to order.

Cheers!!

20210308_210249.jpg
20210305_162944.jpg

Last edited:
Hey KNR,
Unfortunately The OE harness does not exist for the non powered 3rd row seats.
Thanks bummer. I took a look and you are correct. I also went and looked in the fuse box and there are no fuses in the location that. It looks like the harness that feeds back there comes from under the door floor board sill. If I were to follow that through the fire wall and run my own say 10 ga wires, would it be possible to to tap into those fuse locations? Not sure how I would wire into it. I'm more mechanical then electrical lol.

Thanks bummer. I took a look and you are correct. I also went and looked in the fuse box and there are no fuses in the location that. It looks like the harness that feeds back there comes from under the door floor board sill. If I were to follow that through the fire wall and run my own say 10 ga wires, would it be possible to to tap into those fuse locations? Not sure how I would wire into it. I'm more mechanical then electrical lol.
Adding circuits to the OEM fuse box is a major pain in the ass and not worth it. You would need to know the exact terminals that will be in the fuse box and brining the 10 gauge wire into the fuse box gona be very hard. Honestly, I would get an audio Amp kit with a 10 gauge and a fuse holder. While you are at it, I would run 4 gauge for anything you wana throw at it in the future. The harness that is used for the seats, comes up through a floor grommet under the side wings in the cargo areas. It's not a bad spot to pull the heavy gauge through there

They work great!!! Thanks again!

I just installed a small USB/12V panel on the driver side. Staged the passenger side and left unterminated behind the 120V inverter outlet door.

IMG_2888.jpg
IMG_2886.jpg
5.jpeg

1.jpeg

Last edited:
Just some numbers for those thinking about 12V wattage support

5 amps at 12V = 60W

10 amps at 12V = 120W

15 amps at 12V = 180W

20 amps at 12V = 240 W

25 amps at 12V = 300W

30 amps at 12V = 360W

35 amps at 12V = 420W

40 amps at 12V = 480W

THEOZMAN.. looks like your video isn't in thread.

GX*BOB has a good disassembly video as well... up to about minute 5 is all one needs to gain access to the connectors.

Last edited:
Terminated the passenger side rear today with just a simple 12V. I have a inverter/USB unit to just plug into this outlet. I pondered drilling into the rear right panel or just seeing if I could make the $20 replacement cost inverter bezel work.

I need to clean up electrical tape.. part of testing for fit and using a cardboard template.

I would have liked to center it but need to keep to the right to avoid obstruction with one of the 3rd zone HVAC actuators.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 1.15.41 PM.png

IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG
IMG_0281.JPG

This is the rear air mix damper servo I am trying to avoid.

1_caf8ba1e03e55c153c99c6e94be75ec2ad246467.png

Last edited:
Terminated the passenger side rear today with just a simple 12V. I have a inverter/USB unit to just plug into this outlet. I pondered drilling into the rear right panel or just seeing if I could make the $20 replacement cost inverter bezel work.

I need to clean up electrical tape.. part of testing for fit and using a cardboard template.

I would have liked to center it but need to keep to the right to avoid obstruction with one of the 3rd zone HVAC actuators.

View attachment 2649179

View attachment 2649180View attachment 2649181View attachment 2649182View attachment 2649183
That is an awesome idea!

View attachment 2649179

View attachment 2649180View attachment 2649181View attachment 2649182View attachment 2649183

This is the rear air mix damper servo I am trying to avoid.

1_caf8ba1e03e55c153c99c6e94be75ec2ad246467.png

You gave me a great Idea to mount the 2 pin threaded fridge connector. I will screw it right to the panel and it wouldn't interfere with the AC stuff!

1618858399692.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom