2uz engine build 300 to 400 to 500whp? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jesus H Christ! just hold it on the limiter. Amazing what punishment the 2UZ can take
Yea those guys are crazy. Lots of turbo inline 6 cylinders here doing that. Not many supercharged v8s. They do love to hold it on revlimiter and shoot flames hahaha.
Mine hits rev limit set at 6k pretty easy but I don't beat on mine. Only time it gets pushed really is on the dyno. It's just a mall crawling daily driver hobby car for me.
Sad really.. it's a triple locked manual with 500 whp that has retired to just bringing the Ole lady to get groceries and suck up all my money. hahahaha.

1000059460.jpg
1000059462.jpg
1000059465.jpg

Would love to see some pics! Do you have a thread?
This thread has most of the performance upgrades. The one below is from the very start of the project.

Project done. Will post full list from project start until now for anyone interested.

Holy crap dude you are a madman for building that thing. That is insane power from a 4.7L, let alone a 2UZ. I bet the fuel gauge moves just about as fast as the tach now!

Holy crap dude you are a madman for building that thing. That is insane power from a 4.7L, let alone a 2UZ. I bet the fuel gauge moves just about as fast as the tach now!
Luckily I don't drive as crazy as the build is. Daily driving isn't bad at all since still on stock size tires and manual trans. Using full boost .... yea it's bad 🤣

Wow nice work man that sounds and looks like a great time.

Just going back through your thread, what headers are these?
Custom stainless long tube by Bullet Performance. 3" down pipes to large free flow muffler then 3" to stock resonator. Sounds like any stock V8 at idle and cruise speed with stock resonator. Over 3500 rpm it sounds like above. In cab it's not loud at all. I had 3" high flow res before and it was loud all the time. Stock res dropped low rpm sound and smoothed out the higher revs so I junked the high flow.
1000045599.jpg

Old video of headers and y pipe. Before I added big muffler and rear 3" section. Headers are also wrapped all the way to muffler. Decreases the pinging stainless sound and drastically lowers underhood temps

Now that performance stuff is done. Switching back to the small things. New splash guards. Soon will get full paint correction and detailing along with stock wheels refurbished and new front bumper cover and paint. @Bardiya always the go to for parts!

1000063166.jpg
1000063168.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom