Adding SC to my 99 GCC build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First ever build thread.
Any and all questions , concerns, advice and info appreciated. I will be doing all work except for the tuning at a rental garage.
It will be slow and then parts will go on pretty quick. For now I'm still acquiring parts while home (Louisiana) before heading back to where I currently live for work (Dubai).
Quick summary of my LC and what's coming.
99 GCC spec LC 4.7 V8 ( no O2 sensors or Obd on this model)
200k Kilometers
Coils, plugs, tune up etc.
Steering pump and rack with ends
Front and rear ucl/lca
New drive shafts
Toughdog foamcell shocks all around
1" spacer and real and adjusted from TBs
CV shaft rebuild with diff rebuild and TJM locker.
Trans and transfer case seals
New cat back exhaust
New brake master cylinder and flush
New headlights, corners, rears and fogs.
Re-sealed roof braces
Countless other parts all OEM.
OEM Parts are easy to get in Dubia and my goal is to build it as close to new as possible before importing to US when I return home in 3 years.

Goal for January:
Dyno stock
Install TRD supercharger
Install Unichip and have tuned
Convert from MAF IAT to sensor post SC
Install water injection for heat not really HP
Install pillar gauges boost/water inj and a wideband O2
Dyno after upgrades.

For now, keep acquiring small parts that are harder to get in Dubai and pray I can get it all back on the 16hr flight home Jan 8.
SC packed and ready at 68lbs

20211211_115622.jpg

20211211_115704.jpg

image.jpg

20211014_180738.jpg

20211015_083910.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. If i lived in Dubai and had access to the endless variety of what Toyota has to offer, i'd have a manual transmission diesel 105

Good question actually. I went look on the sites I use to see if they were available for mine but no luck. Really, all of the same parts available in US are some here. I would say the only difference is better price and faster availability since it doesn't need to ship to US. What's funny is partssouq is here but they don't sell in the UAE. Better prices from local venders anyways but still I thought it was funny. Used parts are abundant here but I try to get new. US and Aus have much more support for off-road accessories. Ironman, OME, TJM, Toughdog, ARB all have vendors here. Prices in US are much better for aftermarket stuff. I carried full set of Baja Design lights with brackets back with me last trip home.

Finally back in Dubai after staying way longer in US than anticipated. 70lb SC and a 60lb suitcase full of parts all made it safe and sound and no weird conversations in customs. Will start working on all the additions as the jetlag comes off. Got an easy one out the way.
Mounted dual gauge on piller, painted to match steering wheel . Meth inj gauge and wideband gauge. Came out pretty good for a universal fit. Might paint the silver on Snow gauge bezel

20220304_111433~2.jpg

Last edited:
Had to move install to a local shop. Unichip won't work well on my GCC spec LC since it never came with O2. Will be doing a standalone ECU for eng management and stock ECU for dash, trans etc.
Unichip for SC for sale cheap if anyone is interested. Hoping to have it installed with larger injectors,(removing 9th inj) and tuned within a week or so.

Screenshot_20220311-075148_WhatsApp.jpg

Wow! no annoying ABS booster pump.
Was it a conversion or all 2uz GCC cruisers come with that type of ABS pump?

Which pillar pods did you use? They look like they fit well. I have been trying to find good LHD ones for boost and EGT gouges. There are literally thousands of RHD options from Australia...

Used the
Which pillar pods did you use? They look like they fit well. I have been trying to find good LHD ones for boost and EGT gouges. There are literally thousands of RHD options from Australia...
I just used the universal glowshift 15 bucks on Amazon. Little heat gun and fits almost perfect. Then paint to match. Only thing I would change isbto heat and form the side facing you first then the windshield side. I had to take up more space then I wanted because I formed wind side first and it warped a little right on side by door. Other than that was simple. And if you mess up it's 15 bucks

All installed. Closed loop idle running well. Just need to clean up wiring and then Dyno for full tune.
Already ordered a black elbow to replace the bright yellow one. Haha
Was trying to keep stock air cleaner tube but couldn't get the fit right. This one looks much better anyways.
Hopefully no issues and i can post Dyno numbers Monday.
Will try to post Dyno and specs once done.

Last edited:
Running solid and nice idle with standalone ECU. Chasing issues now of only hitting 4-5 psi max boost. New tensioner and crazy tight belt installed. Will get some videos today.
Got in touch with James from Tundra forum who I believe is building kits again. awesome to have SC options for these) His help and knowledge has been great so I'm sure will have it lined out soon for some HP/TQ numbers.

Anyone want to offer advice suggestions, request data logs, videos. Just ask. More info out there to share the better.
MAP sensor, baro pressure and rpm below shows boost.

image.png

As you probably know crazy tight belts are not good for bearings. Maybe a (machined?) smaller pulley and a correct belt will get you where you need to be. How much boost should these put out? 7psi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom