2001 Tundra TRD Supercharger on to my 1999 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sullivansquarefitness.com
So, like many of us I lust after making my Landcruiser better, even it ifs not actually a good choice.

I have a fried who wants to sell his 2001 Tundra with 150,000 miles on it. TRD factory installed SC.

So, what do I need for parts besides what's on the Tundra to install it in my LC? Could I swap parts with my LC and basically 'move' the SC to my LC and then resell the Tundra without the SC?
Or, what's it worth to sell if I pull it off the truck just to sell?

I'm not willing to make my LC unreliable--so if I need unobtanium parts to do the install I'll likely unload it. My LC only has 114,000 and is my daily driver. Bone Stock.

Sounds like too much work, feel free to drop the SC off at my house for disposal...

I have not done it, but it is my understanding that it should be a direct swap on your 1999 as it is pre-VVTI. My only questions would be around engine/fuel management computers.

I added a similar question about a week ago, which let me down the path of a lot of knowledge. I have read parts lists, etc.

But I'm hoping for a summary from someone who has done it....If I bought gaskets and orings for 2 vehicles, could I swap the SC to my LC and drive both vehicles away? I know there are some options, like getting the injectors inspected and the SC serviced I can choose to add to my list of things, but will I be missing any actual parts if I have both trucks in 1 spot to work on them?

I'm looking to steal the SC and then unload the Tundra which is pretty rough already.

Also, there is a lot of references to the TRD ECU. I assume the Tundra has one, but it must be different to the LC ECU. And I know there are piggy back options...do they piggy back on top of the Non-TRD Ecu that is already in my LC? Will the Tundra run ok with it's TRD ECU if I steal the SC?

Thanks for any added clarification! Is anyone aware of any shops north of Boston that would do this if it's above my paygrade?

Good luck!

Should be straight forward swap. Worste case do the swap leave the bypass for boost open or belt off SC and drive it back just like stock.

I believe the Elate kit only ups the fuel pressure with boost referenced fuel pressure regulator on stock injectors for boost up to 5-6 psi. Without the use of piggy back or TRD Ecu. I would add a wideband O2 sensor and monitor it once you get it back before adding any extra Injectors, piggyback etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom