200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gaijin,
Thank you so much for the RCTIP data!
New guy here requesting for a 2013 LX570 the followng:
DISCOVERER AT3 4S - SIZE: 275/65R18 116T
33PSI?
Thanks!

Got any pics of those tires on your LC? How do you like them so far? Been eyeballing them myself.

Got any pics of those tires on your LC? How do you like them so far? Been eyeballing them myself.
I'll upload some pics later today.
Frankly I think it's a perfect tire for the LX. Did a hundred mile loop yesterday with 85mph interstate, 10mi of Rocky, steep jeep trail, and a 10mi bomb (45-65mph) graded gravel road. Tire performed great on all surfaces giving lots of grip and confidence on all surfaces. Tire is very quiet at interstate speeds. Prior to Gaijin's recommendation I had them at 32psi.
I had 20's with Latitude HT on the rig before and if there is a mpg difference it is very slight. More to come with more driving.
Will weigh the respective wheel/tire combos later today but I suspect the setup (on Tundra 5 spoke) actually weigh less than the 20" Lexus combo.
W
Edit to add: weighed the respective combos (new 3AT 4s on Tundra 5spoke compared to Latitude with 10k wear on Lexus 20")
Latitude combo 75.6# (285/50/20 actual measured tread width 233.3mm)
Cooper combo 74.8# (275/65/18 actual measured tread width 228.7mm)
20201108_104041.jpg

Last edited:
Gaijin,
Didn't find the pressure for my tires when I did a search. Just switched to 18" LC wheels with LT288/65R18 125S Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3 A/Ts on my 2013 LX. Firestone recommended the stock pressure of 33psi, thoughts?
Thanks!

Gaijin,
Didn't find the pressure for my tires when I did a search. Just switched to 18" LC wheels with LT288/65R18 125S Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3 A/Ts on my 2013 LX. Firestone recommended the stock pressure of 33psi, thoughts?
Thanks!

Sure. Off the top of my head, I have two specific thoughts:

1. There's no such thing as a size LT288/65R18 125S Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3
2. Firestone's recommended 33psi tire pressure is not correct

I'll assume you are talking about the LT285/65R18/E 125S tire. If so, then:

The RCTIP for those LT285/65R18/E 125S tires on your 2013 LX570 is 37psi F/R.

HTH

P.S. Not only is Firestone's recommended 33psi tire pressure not correct for your vehicle, it is incorrect for ANY vehicle. The tire industry has mandated that it is unsafe to operate ANY LT-Metric tire on ANY vehicle below 35psi. Below 35psi, there is not enough pressure in the tire to adequately control heat buildup to below a level that would cause premature tire wear and possible "uncontrolled spontaneous decompression."

Sure. Off the top of my head, I have two specific thoughts:

1. There's no such thing as a size LT288/65R18 125S Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3
2. Firestone's recommended 33psi tire pressure is not correct

I'll assume you are talking about the LT285/65R18/E 125S tire. If so, then:

The RCTIP for those LT285/65R18/E 125S tires on your 2013 LX570 is 37psi F/R.

HTH

P.S. Not only is Firestone's recommended 33psi tire pressure not correct for your vehicle, it is incorrect for ANY vehicle. The tire industry has mandated that it is unsafe to operate ANY LT-Metric tire on ANY vehicle below 35psi. Below 35psi, there is not enough pressure in the tire to adequately control heat buildup to below a level that would cause premature tire wear and possible "uncontrolled spontaneous decompression."
Thanks! Yep, 288 was a typo, it’s 285. Going to inflate to 37 in the morning.

Thanks! Yep, 288 was a typo, it’s 285. Going to inflate to 37 in the morning.

Don't forget to initialize your Tire Pressure Warning System 👍

Cooper DISCOVERER AT3 4S - SIZE: 275/65R18 116T

Been looking for new shoes for the LC (which is stock). Been vacillating between several. And at this point do not an E rated tire given so much of my driving is on the pavement or dirt roads with the occasional rocky sections. So I have been leaning towards the Michelin Defenders which I had on my T100. But saw the post above and have been comparing them to the Defenders. They seem to be a reasonable option, though I need to search I recall a fellow mudder tried to use the Cooper 45 day exchange and got rebuffed because the size was not the stock size (the tire dealer made things right). I need to find that thread again (Found the thread but it was Toyo tires). But in the mean time any others been running this Cooper???

Last edited:
Seem like a good time to bump the survey and summarized results. Note that you can filter and sort with the second tab on the results page (though from time to time I have to adjust the spreadsheet to capture new survey responses).
Cool use of Forms. I've gotten a few pms for the link to the original db google sheet, so it must be buried somewhere in the last 45 (!) pages. So here it is.
200-Series tire database

Is there a prescribed technique that we should use when checking for rubbing?
if you're not getting the obvious rubs (backing up with full wheel turn, mudflap etc) the easiest way to find them is the get some dirt film in there and drive a couple hundred miles. Anything that's 'clean' is a witness mark. Then makes adjustments accordingly.

Any rubs I've had of note (primarily wheel liner or mud flap type stuff) have been very audible, and usually can feel in the steering wheel too. The very very minor rub I have on the inner fender was only visible by witness mark.

Been looking for new shoes for the LC (which is stock). Been vacillating between several. And at this point do not an E rated tire given so much of my driving is on the pavement or dirt roads with the occasional rocky sections. So I have been leaning towards the Michelin Defenders which I had on my T100. But saw the post above and have been comparing them to the Defenders. They seem to be a reasonable option, though I need to search I recall a fellow mudder tried to use the Cooper 45 day exchange and got rebuffed because the size was not the stock size (the tire dealer made things right). I need to find that thread again (Found the thread but it was Toyo tires). But in the mean time any others been running this Cooper???
Sounds like a similar situation to my current driving patterns. Put the Continental Terrain Contact ATs on your list to research and see if they meet your needs - if you haven’t already.

So, any thoughts on 30mm offset 18 x 8.5 wheels with 285/65/18 on them?

here they are, these Rally Raids and KO2s are 30mm offset 18 x 8.5 wheels with 285/65/18. I had to take off the front mud flaps, took 5 minutes. a serious upgrade from what i had, and drives great. you should do it too

87302387-0D8D-4044-98FB-162A766D0658_1_201_a.jpeg

Anyone running 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers? Do you mind sharing pics? Also, do they rub at full turn?
I have 285/70/r18s (34x11.50) Ridge Grapplers on my truck with Icon lift, UCAs, and spacers. Removed front mudflaps and still rubs at near full lock or articulation but not too badly. I would say you would definitely get some (or maybe a lot of) rub but your setup will dictate how much. A really good alignment from a toyota off road shop helped me tremendously.

I really am torn on tires or tires & rims. Would appreciate some advice. I've gone through hundreds of pages looking at different options. I have a stock 2013 LX in black. The vehicle is used for road trips, highway travel, getting off-road (basic to moderate trails), up to snow occasionally and eventually used to tow a trailer. I'm not looking to do crazy off-roading, but want to be confident on the trails with the sharp rocks. Wet traction, snow rating is important as is road noise and comfort of ride.

Equal tires, how much difference does 18 vs 20 make for ride comfort (same total size)? Seems like the easiest/cheapest option would be something like Falkin Wildpeak at3w in with 275/55/20? I prefer to not have to do much modding, but do see some LC and Tundra rims around locally I could pick up as well.

Based on the use case, curious about what would be a few good options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom