200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very useful thread

Any guidance on recommended pressures for a 2015 LC200 with Michelin Primacy SUV in 285/60R18 116V ?

95% road and 5% desert trails (slightly rocky / sandy but no dunes etc)

I have been using 38-39psi F&R

Very useful thread

Any guidance on recommended pressures for a 2015 LC200 with Michelin Primacy SUV in 285/60R18 116V ?

95% road and 5% desert trails (slightly rocky / sandy but no dunes etc)

I have been using 38-39psi F&R

That's a Standard Load ISO-Metric tire.

The Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for those 285/60R18 SL 116V tires on your LC200 is 33psi F/R.

HTH

That's a Standard Load ISO-Metric tire.

The Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for those 285/60R18 SL 116V tires on your LC200 is 33psi F/R.

HTH

Thanks for the feedback

I tried running the lower pressure initially but it had a noticeable impact on steering effort etc, and the tyre also looked 'underinflated'. The Michelin distributor that installed also recommended 38psi. 33psi seems quite a large delta from that...

Hey Legends. I'm gonna drop a Stupid Question of the Day right here. Can I put on some LT285/70r17 BFG KO2s on a 2016+ 200 with stock suspension and no KDSS relocation, and then expect no rub at full lock? What kind of offset should I be looking for on a 17" wheel to achieve this?

*I should add, I believe its possible with RW wheels, but I'm not sure that's what I'm going to end up with.

Hey Legends. I'm gonna drop a Stupid Question of the Day right here. Can I put on some LT285/70r17 BFG KO2s on a 2016+ 200 with stock suspension and no KDSS relocation, and then expect no rub at full lock? What kind of offset should I be looking for on a 17" wheel to achieve this?

*I should add, I believe its possible with RW wheels, but I'm not sure that's what I'm going to end up with.

It's not only possible with RW wheels, it's the size Toyota recommends for the Land Cruiser with RW wheels. See the Toyota data sheet for the RW wheels and LT285/70R17 tires here: Toyota Installation Sheet for 17" TRD Alloy Wheels

If you want other wheels, all I can say is the RW wheels have an offset of 50 which works. Wheel choice should be based on that.

HTH

Thanks for the feedback

I tried running the lower pressure initially but it had a noticeable impact on steering effort etc, and the tyre also looked 'underinflated'. The Michelin distributor that installed also recommended 38psi. 33psi seems quite a large delta from that...

Then run whatever tire pressure makes you happy.

Not doubting your advice at all (otherwise wouldn’t have asked !) but just curious about the differing opinions

Not a problem.

The best reason I can think of for the difference is that your tire dealer thought the tire was XL (Extra Load or Reinforced) as opposed to SL (Standard Load).

My best info indicates that the Michelin Primacy SUV tire in size 285/60R18 116V is an SL tire. If that is the case, then the RCTIP is 33psi on your LC200.

If, however, the tire were an XL tire, then the RCTIP would be 38psi on your LC200.

To be absolutely sure which is correct, you should carefully examine what is on the sidewall of your tires. If you find "XL" or "REINFORCED" on the sidewall, then it is an XL tire and 38psi is the RCTIP. If you do not find "XL" or "REINFORCED" on the sidewall, then it is an SL tire and 33psi is the RCTIP.

Let me know what you find.

HTH

Not a problem.

The best reason I can think of for the difference is that your tire dealer thought the tire was XL (Extra Load or Reinforced) as opposed to SL (Standard Load).

My best info indicates that the Michelin Primacy SUV tire in size 285/60R18 116V is an SL tire. If that is the case, then the RCTIP is 33psi on your LC200.

If, however, the tire were an XL tire, then the RCTIP would be 38psi on your LC200.

To be absolutely sure which is correct, you should carefully examine what is on the sidewall of your tires. If you find "XL" or "REINFORCED" on the sidewall, then it is an XL tire and 38psi is the RCTIP. If you do not find "XL" or "REINFORCED" on the sidewall, then it is an SL tire and 33psi is the RCTIP.

HTH
I’m confused, aren’t the stock Dunlops (50psi max) considered XL? Versus the 44 psi max P rated variants? Obviously stock tires are 33psi recommended per door jamb, I assumed XL would be the same?

I’m confused, aren’t the stock Dunlops (50psi max) considered XL? Versus the 44 psi max P rated variants? Obviously stock tires are 33psi recommended per door jamb, I assumed XL would be the same?

Are the stock Dunlops P-Metric or ISO-Metric?

If P-Metric, e.g. P285/60R18, then the RCTIP is 33psi for the LC200.

The nomenclature "XL" "Reinforced" and "SL" (Standard Load) only apply to ISO-Metric sizes, and are dependent on the Speed Index, e.g. 114, 116, etc.

If the stock dunlops are ISO-Metric 285/60R18 SL 116, then they have a RCTIP of 33psi on the LC200.

If the stock Dunlops are ISO-Metric 285/60R18 XL 116, then they have a RCTIP of 38psi on the LC200.

If a tire is ISO-Metric and has no "XL" or "REINFORCED" branding on the sidewall, then it is SL.

Max pressure on the sidewall is brand/model dependent and has no impact on the RCTIP.

For example, let's look at two P285/60R18 tires - one with a Max Pressure of 44psi and one with a Max Pressure of 50psi:

- Both tires have a RCTIP of 33psi for the LC200
- Both tires reach their maximum Load Limit of 2601 pounds at 35psi
- Whether further inflated to either 44psi or 50psi the Load Limit does not increase beyond 2601 pounds

I hope this clears up your confusion and explains how your assumption is incorrect.

HTH

Are the stock Dunlops P-Metric or ISO-Metric?

If P-Metric, e.g. P285/60R18, then the RCTIP is 33psi for the LC200.

The nomenclature "XL" "Reinforced" and "SL" (Standard Load) only apply to ISO-Metric sizes, and are dependent on the Speed Index, e.g. 114, 116, etc.

If the stock dunlops are ISO-Metric 285/60R18 SL 116, then they have a RCTIP of 33psi on the LC200.

If the stock Dunlops are ISO-Metric 285/60R18 XL 116, then they have a RCTIP of 38psi on the LC200.

If a tire is ISO-Metric and has no "XL" or "REINFORCED" branding on the sidewall, then it is SL.

Max pressure on the sidewall is brand/model dependent and has no impact on the RCTIP.

For example, let's look at two P285/60R18 tires - one with a Max Pressure of 44psi and one with a Max Pressure of 50psi:

- Both tires have a RCTIP of 33psi for the LC200
- Both tires reach their maximum Load Limit of 2601 pounds at 35psi
- Whether further inflated to either 44psi or 50psi the Load Limit does not increase beyond 2601 pounds

I hope this clears up your confusion and explains how your assumption is incorrect.

HTH
I’ve replaced the Dunlops, but looking online, they are offered in:
P285/60R18 114V and also
285/60R18 116V

The latter designation is what comes on new LC’s stock. I assume from your post above that this is a Standard Load ISO-metric tire? I have never understood the difference between P-metric and ISO-metric.

In any case, thanks for clarifying that neither of the above Dunlops are XL rated, in spite of the 50psi max of the latter tire. I’m gradually learning here.

gaijing, whats the purpose of the delta between max load psi and max inflation psi for a given tire? Would running any higher than 35 psi for the above be risking ruiining the tire from overinflation causing threadwear issues?

I’ve replaced the Dunlops, but looking online, they are offered in:
P285/60R18 114V and also
285/60R18 116V

The latter designation is what comes on new LC’s stock. I assume from your post above that this is a Standard Load ISO-metric tire? I have never understood the difference between P-metric and ISO-metric.

In any case, thanks for clarifying that neither of the above Dunlops are XL rated, in spite of the 50psi max of the latter tire. I’m gradually learning here.

Both the P285/60R18 114V and the 285/60R18 116V have a RCTIP of 33psi on the LC200.

P-Metric and ISO-Metric tires are built to different specifications. Standard Load ISO-Metric tires and P-Metric tires in the same size are usually pretty close as far as RCTIP are concerned, but should be double checked to be sure. XL/Reinforced ISO-Metric tires usually have quite a different RCTIP compared to P-Metric tires of the same size.

HTH

gaijing, whats the purpose of the delta between max load psi and max inflation psi for a given tire? Would running any higher than 35 psi for the above be risking ruiining the tire from overinflation causing threadwear issues?

Tires can be safely inflated to a cold pressure equal to the Max Pressure indicated on the sidewall of the tire.

Any inflation above the Max Load psi up to the Max Pressure indicated on the tire sidewall does nothing but increase the "spring rate" of the tire - i.e. makes the tire stiffer and the ride more harsh.

HTH

My share

3A1ACF52-2FCB-49C5-B5AC-76E31D9D9E6F.jpeg

Not a problem.

HTH
Definitely not the Extra Load/XL variant - although it is listed on Michelin's web site I actually couldn't find it anywhere.

We used to run 38psi in the stock Dunlop Grandtrek AT22s also which I believe are not XL in the standard 285/60R18 116V size - they had even wear and no punctures over c 50,000km (before they became intolerably noisy and were replaced despite 6-7mm tread left)

I want to give a shout-out to @DirtNap. He has updated my database and made it more user friedly.

UPDATE #1: A disgruntled member keeps deleting portions of the database, so I had to remove the editing abilities for everyone. :meh:

For now, just submit your info via a reply to this thread or I.M. me, and I will update it myself.

Update #2: To anyone else who wants their info in the database: I am getting tired of people messaging me their tires, but do no seem to give me anymore info. Look at the database, and make sure you give me EVERYTHING that is listed. I am tired of trying to track down the rest of the info! From now on, if you fail to give the full description, I will ignore your post. No hard feelings, but... Also, if you have the exact same setup as another member that has already been posted, it is a little redundant to have it in the database. i.e. We all know that a 275/70 will fit just fine. I get that the more entries the better, but if the setup is clearly tried and true, its not going to do much good having it in the database. The only reason it would be useful, would be if you actually have rubbing on a setup where another member said he or she had no rubbing. If that is the case, then please me note of it when contacting me, or replying to this thread.

Original Post: I have seen many many threads titled "How big can I go?" and "What tire Size?" "Will it fit?" etc. Instead of trying to sort through everything, I decided to make a google doc to keep track of everything.

I think this will really help those who are trying to pick a tire and wheel for their 200. I included boxes for tire size, wheel size, manufacturer, mods, and general notes about your particular truck.

Maybe this is a stupid idea. Who knows; lets see if it catches on.

I will go ahead and enter info into the spreadsheet as I see it in various discussions. If you see your name on the list already, please do not be offended, and please feel free to update it as you deem necessary--especially if you see a "n/a".

I would also like to add, that if you do have rubbing, please note where the rubbing occurs (in the notes section), as we can make the spreadsheet more specific as we get more info.

:cheers:
Hey I'm sorry but I spent over 20 minutes on this and other pages and I still have no clue where the link to this database is. Can you please help me out...

As a follow up I just put on the Defender M/S. 275/65r18's. No rubbing. Thanks for the advice.
Do you, or have you read of anyone on here using spacers with this particular size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom