200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking to replace my stock tires (Dunlop Grantrek AT23).
Stock vehicle with 18" wheels
Don't want any rubbing
95%road, 5%off road(fire trails and rocky forest roads)

I'm leaning towards Michelin Defender LTX M/S in 285/60R18 or 275/65R18

I think the 275's would be the largest I could go and not get any rubbing. Any experience with the tires or sizes? Thanks.

Don't want any rubbing

I think the 275's would be the largest I could go and not get any rubbing. Any experience with the tires or sizes? Thanks.
When I bought my 2013 LC last year it had nearly new Michelin Defender Ltx M+S in size 285/60R18. it was a great street tire, Super quiet and a comfy ride. Wet weather traction was superb. I used it off road on a few dirt and fire trails and it did fine. My concern would be a weak sidewall in rocky terrain.
If you are local you could have them, they are just collecting dust in storage.

275/65R18 is popular with Tundras, should be able to find some new or nearly new take off tires for dirt cheap.

Lt285/65r18 is another size to consider as well. It is Surprisingly expensive compared to the other sizes you are looking at but it will give you a decent lift and will fill out the wheel well nicely. Generally this size doesn’t rub and any rubbing would be minimal and easily correctable. If a lift is in the near future I’d recommend going larger then the stock 285/60r18 tires.

Don't want any rubbing

I recently replaced worn stock tires with 275/65r18 Michelin Defender LTX on my 2016 LC. Very happy with them. In addition to the sizes you mentioned, you can fit 285/65r18 or 275/70r18 with no issues if you want larger tires; however, virtually all choices in those sizes are LT-E rated which means more weight and much higher air pressures than stock...which will negatively impact ride, braking, acceleration, and MPG. LT rated tires have tougher sidewalls which can be beneficial off road, but the additional unsprung weight and much higher pressures will cost you in on road performance. I went with the Standard Load variety. I prefer the look of the slightly taller 275/65/18 to stock. MPG seems slightly better than the Dunlops, although not enough to matter.

I researched the Michelin Defenders extensively on Mud and through many other sources before buying, and I believe they would be a great fit for your uses. The biggest negative from others is they don’t look like off road tires. My own uses are primarily on road and towing, and the off roading I do is quite tame. But I linked a couple of reviews of the defenders from serious off road guys below:

Last edited:
Don't want any rubbing

I see your location says VA.. I've got a set of defender LTX with less than 10k miles on them, they are 265/65/18s which is pretty close to stock height tire if you're interested in not paying full price.

Hi all! Moved up from my 2005 4Runner to a new to me 2013 LX - question about snow tires. I live in MN and have found snow tires to be quite useful for our long winters. I found a deal and purchased the 2016+ LC 18" wheels to use as dedicated winter wheels. Is anyone running snow tires on those wheels? From looking at the database, I think I should be ok running 285/60 R18 Blizzaks with no other modifications to the truck, correct? Just wanted to check before putting $$ down on some tires. Thanks all!

Hi all! Moved up from my 2005 4Runner to a new to me 2013 LX - question about snow tires. I live in MN and have found snow tires to be quite useful for our long winters. I found a deal and purchased the 2016+ LC 18" wheels to use as dedicated winter wheels. Is anyone running snow tires on those wheels? From looking at the database, I think I should be ok running 285/60 R18 Blizzaks with no other modifications to the truck, correct? Just wanted to check before putting $$ down on some tires. Thanks all!
They’ll be fine. At worst you’ll have to remove some mudflaps

285/60R18 is the stock size for LC200's, so you will have absolutely no problems.

HTH

Very new member of the LC family. Picked up at '16 LC with 56k miles on Sunday. Took it in for a full inspection today and they confirmed that I need to replace the stock tires.

From everything I've read, the Wrangler DuraTracs seem to check the most boxes for me. I don't plan any modifications for the foreseeable future, so I'd love help determining what size DuraTracs I need. A post back in 2019 mentioned the 275/65/18 DuraTracs fit. Discount Tire tells me the opposite. Don't want to mess up my first purchase :).

Congrats on the new ride! Post some pics. Tires and which brand to choose will get a lot of different opinions. The Terrain that your LC will see should lead you in which path to take on your new tires. For a mainly street use the Michelin Defender LTX MS get great reviews. For all terrains I’d personally recommend something newer then the duratracs. The toyo AT3, Falcon At3W, are a couple real popular options on the forum.

A post back in 2019 mentioned the 275/65/18 DuraTracs fit.
Yes, 275/65/18 will fit. I don't remember if I had to remove the front mud flaps or not, it's been a couple years. I also ran that size in Duratracs (purchased used with about 8/32 on them). They were solid tires, never had any problems. Very good in PNW (wet) snow. A little bit of growl above 35 mph, but nothing otherworldly. Again, were used and not the most even wear pattern either.
Ended up getting a larger size replacement. I was a bit worried about 2 ply sidewalls, though it was in practice never an issue.

Yes, 275/65/18 will fit. I don't remember if I had to remove the front mud flaps or not, it's been a couple years. I also ran that size in Duratracs (purchased used with about 8/32 on them). They were solid tires, never had any problems. Very good in PNW (wet) snow. A little bit of growl above 35 mph, but nothing otherworldly. Again, were used and not the most even wear pattern either.
Ended up getting a larger size replacement. I was a bit worried about 2 ply sidewalls, though it was in practice never an issue.
Very new member of the LC family. Picked up at '16 LC with 56k miles on Sunday. Took it in for a full inspection today and they confirmed that I need to replace the stock tires.

From everything I've read, the Wrangler DuraTracs seem to check the most boxes for me. I don't plan any modifications for the foreseeable future, so I'd love help determining what size DuraTracs I need. A post back in 2019 mentioned the 275/65/18 DuraTracs fit. Discount Tire tells me the opposite. Don't want to mess up my first purchase :).
Congratulations on the purchase. Pretty much any tire on 285/60/18 (stock) or 275/65/18 will fit with no issues. Most 285/65/18 and 275/70/18 will fit with little or no rubbing. If you are keeping 18” wheels then your choices are all LT-E rated tires in 285/65 or 275/70, for better or worse.

my way of thinking about tires is: do you want LT rated tires, or are P rated a better choice? Next decision, do you need an AT tire, or not? If you do, how aggressive a tread pattern? There are unlimited threads on this site about pro’s and con’s of individual tire choices, including Duratracs. But before determining which tire, you need to determine P vs LT-E if you’re keeping 18” rims.

How will you use the truck?

Pre and post Covid I walk to work, so the LC is mainly a weekend warrior.

Over the next few months it will primarily spend time out in the Cascades, so winter capability is a plus. I ran winter tires on my previous vehicle but would love to avoid having a second set of tires due to living in the city.

During summer it will mostly ferry us to backpacking trails off of Forest Service roads.

In the next 4 months, the girlfriend, dog, and I are doing a road trip to some west coat National Parks over New Years. We're then driving to the East Coast from Seattle in late March / April. This will mostly be highway (obviously) but some extra confidence if we hit snow would be great.

Edit: gotta love city parking :). Luckily it’s only for a couple more months.
5ADD88B8-DE71-4056-972B-9A064E7D75CC.jpeg

Over the next few months it will primarily spend time out in the Cascades, so winter capability is a plus. I ran winter tires on my previous vehicle but would love to avoid having a second set of tires due to living in the city.

During summer it will mostly ferry us to backpacking trails off of Forest Service roads.

In the next 4 months, the girlfriend, dog, and I are doing a road trip to some west coat National Parks over New Years. We're then driving to the East Coast from Seattle in late March / April. This will mostly be highway (obviously) but some extra confidence if we hit snow would be great.

View attachment 2512685
What wheels are those? They look like stock but are chromier.

My stock lx wheels were chromed by the dealer. Spare wasn’t. Awkward.

View attachment 2512685
Since there aren’t many responses regarding your tire question, I’ll take a stab at it. I will start by saying Search function is your friend, there are literally hundreds of tire threads on this site, in the 200 section and also in the “Tire & Wheel Tech” section of MUD, not to mention the 100 series section etc. There are comments worth reading earllier in this thread as well. That being said, a few thoughts:

P vs LT: it sounds to me like mostly highway and service road use with on road snow a concern. You haven’t mentioned adding bumpers or other heavy modifications to your truck. As such, It sounds to me like a P rated tire would work for you, which will preserve factory ride and MPG. If you’re facing sharp rocks off road on a regular basis, an LT tire may be worth the ride and mpg sacrifice; otherwise I would stick with P rated tires. In an 18” rim, this means 285/60/18, or 275/65/18. Many more choices in the latter size.

SNOW: I live in Florida so I’m not who should be giving you advice on snow driving. But the Michelin Defender LTX M/S has tested well in on & off road snow conditions. There are lots of opinions on snow performance of various All Terrain tires as well, again Search is your friend. Many aggressive AT tires handle fresh snow off road well, but struggle with packed snow on asphalt. The Tire Rack website has objective on road tests of AT tires in wet and snow, interesting results that are worth watching.

OFF ROAD: tons of opinions here. The AT tires I see most mentioned range from mild, such as Continental Terraincontact, Yokohama Geolander AT, Michelin AT2, to more aggressive like Falken Wildpeak, Cooper AT3, Nitto Ridge Grappler, BF Goodrich KO2, etc. The Goodyear Duratrac would fit here, although there are very mixed reviews on this site about the Duratrac’s here - some people love them, many do not. Some of the more aggressive AT tires are only available in LT ratings, with heavier unsprung weight and higher required air pressures.

HIGHWAY: It’s probably obvious that aggressive ATtires may be noisier on the highway, The deeper voids also mean they have longer stopping distances and poorer performance on wet asphalt. The milder AT tires like those mentioned above, OR the Michelin Defenders, will have better performance on road.

LOOKS: lots of people buy AT tires because they look cool on the truck. I suppose that’s OK as long as what they’re buying is functional for their uses. I posted a link earlier in this thread about hard core off-road guys using street oriented MichelinDefenders off road with great success, but plenty of people don’t want them because they are bland looking. I think the Defenders would fit your uses because they’re reviewed well in the snow and can handle what you’re using them for, but you may want a more rugged looking tire.

I hope this helps. Lots to search here on this site. Your truck looks great in silver, that’s the color I wanted but ended up with white.

Last edited:
I went with the Defender LTXs after reading at least 20 different threads and countless external sites. I think they’re a good match for most of what I do. I believe you had a comment somewhere that 90% of people should probably be running them and that spoke to me. I have plenty of opportunities to go more aggressive in the future with how long I plan to own this vehicle.

I went with the Defender LTXs after reading at least 20 different threads and countless external sites. I think they’re a good match for most of what I do. I believe you had a comment somewhere that 90% of people should probably be running them and that spoke to me. I have plenty of opportunities to go more aggressive in the future with how long I plan to own this vehicle.
I think you will be pleased with them. It wasn’t my quote about 90% of people, but it nay have been in the comments the article below on using Michelin Defenders off road:

There are better choices for the hard core rock crawler or those getting into deep mud. Plenty of experts on this site (not me) for those doing hard core off road stuff with their LC’s. For those of us who are on paved roads most of the time, the Defenders are great all around on & off road tires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom