200 series picture thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think what you meant to say is "it looks amazing" lol.

Need to pretend I'm not adding every one of his pics to my stash.

Looks killer , ground clearance is off the charts. one step away from this lol

A3D80E3A-B0D4-4569-93E3-B08D245A4B7E.jpeg

Agreed. Not into it but then again I’m not driving it so…whatever floats yer boat.
Sorry, couldn’t afford the big tires. Had to cheap out, but I hope it still floats, come this winter during snow runs!
04ABB313-A6A7-445D-81EA-7625E82F74A3.jpeg

Last edited:
The 200's lines are SO MUCH better with the rockers removed and bumpers trimmed to match, but that exposed AHC hardware makes me pucker a little. Big tires aside, just that minor bodywork makes it seem like much less of a bloated whale. Makes me want to remove my rockers and make a high-riding slider to fill the gap. :cool:

The 200's lines are SO MUCH better with the rockers removed and bumpers trimmed to match, but that exposed AHC hardware makes me pucker a little. Big tires aside, just that minor bodywork makes it seem like much less of a bloated whale. Makes me want to remove my rockers and make a high-riding slider to fill the gap. :cool:
I totally agree. When I removed my smashed up steps, I knew I wouldn’t put them back on but I do hate the look of all the AHC exposed and obviously mostly unprotected. Short of the thin protection bar which won’t do much.

I have plans for the sides (high-riding sliders, like you said), but I’m slow. I hope you like what I come up with 😉

35C4F82B-F525-4014-9A75-8159E6108070.jpeg

Up armored with comms I bet they are closer to $250K.

Was invited out to Hot Springs Arkansas this weekend for the annual Bronco roundup. Offered to trailer one of the Broncos from Tulsa. This was my first time hauling a significant load with my 200 and, I have to say, the LX is an amazing towing platform! AHC really shines when you are towing 6K+. I also had a chance to drive the new 6th gen Bronco. It was impressive. It walked through the level 2-3 trails. Who knows how reliable it will be. Talked to one owner with a hard 11K miles and he has already gone through 2 CV's.
IMG-3049.jpg
IMG-3084.jpg
IMG-3079.jpg
IMG-3078.jpg

Was invited out to Hot Springs Arkansas this weekend for the annual Bronco roundup. Offered to trailer one of the Broncos from Tulsa. This was my first time hauling a significant load with my 200 and, I have to say, the LX is an amazing towing platform! AHC really shines when you are towing 6K+. I also had a chance to drive the new 6th gen Bronco. It was impressive. It walked through the level 2-3 trails. Who knows how reliable it will be. Talked to one owner with a hard 11K miles and he has already gone through 2 CV's.View attachment 3124096View attachment 3124097View attachment 3124098View attachment 3124099

BIL is having 2.7L woes with his. Very capable rigs, no doubt, but reliable remains to be seen and it isn't ever going to be 200 Series reliable.

Was invited out to Hot Springs Arkansas this weekend for the annual Bronco roundup. Offered to trailer one of the Broncos from Tulsa. This was my first time hauling a significant load with my 200 and, I have to say, the LX is an amazing towing platform! AHC really shines when you are towing 6K+. I also had a chance to drive the new 6th gen Bronco. It was impressive. It walked through the level 2-3 trails. Who knows how reliable it will be. Talked to one owner with a hard 11K miles and he has already gone through 2 CV's.View attachment 3124096View attachment 3124097View attachment 3124098View attachment 3124099

They like to pop tie rods too. Guys throwing 37s on on them and yolo’ing

BIL is having 2.7L woes with his. Very capable rigs, no doubt, but reliable remains to be seen and it isn't ever going to be 200 Series reliable.
It was interesting for sure. Hope I didn't turn the 200 pic thread into a 200 vs ford conversation, that wasn't the intention. Would love to see a modernized fj nameplate resurrected....correctly this time!

Do I wish it was white and a 2016 still, yes. But, dang. I will survive with this being that last new LC imported to the US.

Don't get behind the wheel if a 200 isn't in your price range or can't be in your life right now.

I guess beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder.. In our case, we specifically searched for a black '13-15 LC just like yours. We finally found one last summer and ended up paying darn near what the same dealer was asking for a white '16 on the lot 🙂 At the end of the day.. it's a 200 series Land Cruiser and the differences are minor and mostly cosmetic.

It was interesting for sure. Hope I didn't turn the 200 pic thread into a 200 vs ford conversation, that wasn't the intention. Would love to see a modernized fj nameplate resurrected....correctly this time!

Nah, I'm sure most here don't mind talking about other popular 4x4's especially in comparison to the 200. Odds are they will improve upon them and by year three or four they will have beefier front end components from the factory. I was set to order and finally decided against it, I don't feel like I am missing out, at least not at this moment in my life.

Nah, I'm sure most here don't mind talking about other popular 4x4's especially in comparison to the 200. Odds are they will improve upon them and by year three or four they will have beefier front end components from the factory. I was set to order and finally decided against it, I don't feel like I am missing out, at least not at this moment in my life.

Same. Plus I usually try to wait at least a few years after the models release for all the bugs to be worked out, particularly with domestic vehicles..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom