200 series picture thread (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And you need new tires my guy
They've definitely seen some action. As soon as I have the rubbing all squared away, I will be excited to get them replaced. Super grateful they're already in rough shape so I am not ruining newer tires.
Does look like you need a BMC. More caster can help dial in clearance there too.
I need to give the local shop another call to get on their schedule. I need to better understand the caster adjustment. Is that just an alignment shop that would dive into that and would they have to touch the lower control arms?
I bet it rubs pretty good on your kdss bar from the looks of it
I would have thought so to, but so far I haven't noticed any rubbing there under normal driving conditions. Maybe when I start getting more flexed out?

How do you like the skybox? Trying to convince the wife drawers and a skybox is more space!
I really like it. Roomier than it looks, and absolutely trouble-free

Is there a "spotted" picture thread? There was a fairly built LC today in Brooklyn NY with Texas plates and my brother took a pic of it. Perhaps they're a member of the forum.

My 2015 LC with Heritage rims and rear badging.

EC5F5531-DE33-48BA-B7DB-A81B217D9A30.jpeg

53125472-C3D5-4553-BA7D-4A7A99EE7B6E.jpeg

8ADC5CAC-7591-490C-BEAB-7621C1BD774E.jpeg

Fall camping between Victor, ID and Jackson this weekend. Contemplating a GFC Platform RTT for the Land Cruiser to go with the camper on the truck. We absolutely love the GFC. The GFC on the 200 would get all of us off the ground. Anyway, fall in Idaho has been amazing this year. Cheers.

64b25f90a012cf2590f05c5073dcdea924d96b00_2_666x500.jpeg

What exactly do you like about the GFC? I crawled around in one for a night (limited experience) and I was disappointed in the materials and general attention to build quality versus other similar competitors on the market.

What exactly do you like about the GFC? I crawled around in one for a night (limited experience) and I was disappointed in the materials and general attention to build quality versus other similar competitors on the market.
Everything. It checked all my boxes (and continues to). I'm not fancy and I didn't want a fancy camper or a camper that was going to cost 2x-3x as much. I wanted simple, no frills, durable, light, made Here, rapid open/close etc. I did have one issue and that was around a 1-inch seam along the zipper that delaminated. I put in a service request and had an appointment scheduled within 24 hrs...not for GFC to repair...but to replace my entire tent. It sounds like there was a bad batch of adhesive and my unit was in that lot. Customer service has been nothing short OUTSTANDING and I value that as well. Yes, I'm close to Bozeman so it's more convenient for me than for someone back east. Build quality hasn't been a problem for me, besides the zipper. I find materials used/hardware to be excellent. Yeah the mattress is stiff but I added a 1.5-in foam topper to the mattress pads and problem solved. My bedding still stays in the camper when closed, even with the foam topper.

So...for me...I really like the camper. Yeah are there fancier options out there. Like everything else. But for my application(s), fancy wasn't on my list of must haves. It's utilitarian and a tool for me. Exactly what I wanted. Hope this helps. Happy to answer any other questions. Cheers.

Guy

congrats, looks like she already went off road
There are many ranch properties near my home with dirt roads. Needless to say, I touched dirt as soon as I could (LC delivered Sat night, dirt Sunday). Nothing crazy but I definitely chose the worst drive lines lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom