1FZFE 5.2L Turbo Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

omg i love everything about this thread.

I also love that my stock engine gets like 11mpg, so when you are talking about the need to upgrade to a -6 supply line because of flow constraints had me rolling. I'm curious what your mpg is going to look like.

omg i love everything about this thread.

I also love that my stock engine gets like 11mpg, so when you are talking about the need to upgrade to a -6 supply line because of flow constraints had me rolling. I'm curious what your mpg is going to look like.
50% chance my MPG will be better than an Abrams tank.

I hope that spare tire doesn't ruin my fuel economy...

Bwahahahaha 🤣

20230316_184730.jpg

i like it

Reactions: JMM
smiles per gallon 😆

If anyone's curious, the fuel pump is a 65mm AEM good for 90 gallons per hour. I didn't have details last time around.

90 gallon per hour.... sounds about right🤣

we need a video of the tach+speedo+fuel needle+boost gauge all in the same frame. :rofl:

Oh, and some Led Zep in the background, preferably.

Edit:. Also need to add the "giggling like a school girl" sounds.

Last edited:
A scenic tour of Oregon's roundabout intersections

Reactions: JMM
ya, damn roundabouts eh, what a clusterfuck

I'll record something soon...
So far, my short drives are basically:
1) spool very briefly
2) lift and audibly dump pressure
3) laugh + holy sh!t
4) coast for quite a while
5) repeat
Yeah, that'll happen!!

I remember when I took a 1985 Jetta Turbo Diesel, and rebuilt it with a 3" SS turbo back and set the boost to 30PSI, and my break in experience was similar. Especially the "Holy ..." part...

Boost is really addictive. Is this your first turbo car?

ENJOY!!!

Yeah, that'll happen!!

I remember when I took a 1985 Jetta Turbo Diesel, and rebuilt it with a 3" SS turbo back and set the boost to 30PSI, and my break in experience was similar. Especially the "Holy ..." part...

Boost is really addictive. Is this your first turbo car?

ENJOY!!!
I've had some cool turbo cars, but this is the most ridiculous. If new OEM turbos are precision instruments, this thing is a circus sledgehammer game.

Minor throttle applications are overkill for daily driving. It's pretty funny driving around tamely, but still sounding like it's going to murder the nearest tuner car. 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom