1FZFE 5.2L Turbo Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, I've been driving pretty tentatively to get familiar with the new setup. It obviously has plenty of power under light throttle. Yesterday, as an excusable matter of curiosity, I selected 2nd and mashed the throttle... holy sh!t. 🤣 It's like a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S on mud tires; except it would flip over in corners. We have created a cartoon truck.

So, I've been driving pretty tentatively to get familiar with the new setup. It obviously has plenty of power under light throttle. Yesterday, as an excusable matter of curiosity, I selected 2nd and mashed the throttle... holy sh!t. 🤣 It's like a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S on mud tires; except it would flip over in corners. We have created a cartoon truck.
I'm visualizing this right now with a big smile on my face!

Reactions: JMM
The resulting Cruiser-dog, made from original internals, is shockingly heavy...

(No wonder nothing ever breaks; just eventually leaks/burns oil.)

20230404_174808.jpg

Still fine tuning some things. Temps broke 70° today, and the warm idle was set too low...

Yep I can lift the corner front tire on my truck in corners if I mash the throttle.

What are you worried about breaking?

There's loads of turbo diesel 70, 80, 100, 200 series pushing huge torque and HP through stock drive trains
the 1hd-fte ECU 'knows' that the transmission is in 1st, and pulls the fuel back so as not to overload the drivetrain.

and that's stock.

True.

Ever seen a broken one?
Nope.

I once watched a driveline behind a kta600 Cummins get pretzeled when someone dumped the clutch with a big load on and got impatient with the right foot.

I’ve shattered a few u-joints drag racing.

1st gear in a h151f is 4.08:1. Assuming you stomp on the skinny pedal, that 500 ft-lbs at 3500 rpm is going to be 2,000 ft-lbs before something breaks loose.

Hopefully it’s the tires. Assuming 35s, it will occur at about 20mph.

FYI, might be selling this beastie in the next few months. There will be regrets; I just have way too many other chainsaws to juggle these days.

(I'll add it to the long list of epic vehicles I should have kept.)

FYI, just put a preliminary listing under 80-Series classifieds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom