Builds 1995 full resto build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm a little behind you on this thread, but how do you clean/prep the inside of the axles and frame?

I'm a little behind you on this thread, but how do you clean/prep the inside of the axles and frame?

Simple green, elbow grease, water and compressed air.

Cheers

E1764182-F921-427C-9C84-4F0164ACECBC.jpeg

🥰

Cheers

Elegant. That is all.

Did I miss the info in this thread or am I such a rookie that everyone already knows about these arms except for me?

What made you/the owner decide to go with these vs Blackhawk or Delta?

Blackhawks were not in stock, same for Delta iirc. @ohsix picked these over Superior arms.

Personally, I am impressed with them. Pretty light weight and also beefy.

Cheers

Just out of curiosity I know you've gone over how you cleaned this rig, but have you ever used the dry ice cleaning way for anything you've ever done?

No worries and you are welcome.

However @ohsix wants us to do it we can and will do it. The project and Cruiser is not being left unsecure during this build. Video surveillance on my lot and it is locked down inside. So not really sure what you mean by "especially since access will be easy with it all torn apart."

I know there is a lot of threads on here about security. My Cruiser is safe in my driveway, not everywhere in this country is your Cruiser at risk, yet. If worried, why not just pull the coil wire? It is going nowhere without one and most people who look under the hood will have no idea what is missing unless they know FZJ80's. A simple ball valve on the primary fuel line that you can close also solves this problem, as long as any thieves don't see you closing it. I have considered this when doing trips down to Panama and back. This style, if they come to rob me in camp, put a gun in my face, I hand them the keys. I then disappear into the darkness while they get 200yrds and it dies. The South Africans have come up with some real creative ways to prevent vehicle theft, even car jacking. Check it out! :hillbilly:

I am personally not a fan of alarm systems, remote start, you live in the Rockies, ok cool no worries. Or where it gets 110*, sure remote start makes sense. But alarms, meh. Must be time I spent in Latin America? They go off all the time 24/7 down there and it is over nothing other than loud busses and bikes with no mufflers driving by. I personally don't live in or have lived in a location where theft is an issue for 25yrs. On the road south, I had my ways of dealing with security, an alarm system was the least useful.

Cheers
That is some amazing detailed and dedicated work! I would love to feel how that truck drives. Re Safety: I just got back from Central America chasing that last south swell and I've been surfing and camping in Latin Am areas since I was a kid. I have never felt unsafe or been robbed, save the occasional donation but otherwise its mellow at the coast. Obviously some areas are different and commo sense. There are also an abundance of LCs down too.

LCS.jpg

We put new hardware in the side step mounting holes before the LizardSkin.

5C3F36D6-B1BB-4A96-887D-634DDED4C537.jpeg

Taped off all the studs as well.

F80F969A-2FA2-45F7-9C96-1C04ABCE8602.jpeg

2234E2FA-A67D-46E2-8528-C4D3DB04C186.jpeg

Where we stopped the LizardSkin on the firewall.

B3565855-3500-4295-A097-AF89B2751CAB.jpeg

Cheers

As someone with triple ADD, I love the pace this is moving. When you start a project of this size do you have an estimated timeline?
Thanks and well done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom