Builds 1985 BJ70 Story and Modifications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Then mounted the two manifolds, inyection pipes, and power steering pump.

I also had to buy calibration gauges to adjust the valves prior to starting the engine. I had some gauges laying in the garage somewhere, but for the life of me can't find them....so new ones were in order.

I hope to get the engine running soon.
195.jpg
196.jpg
197.jpg

i really want to get some parts zinc plated ... where did you get it done?
i might have to push the local PC place to step up to the plate on this.

the gauges look nice, congrats.

i really want to get some parts zinc plated ... where did you get it done?
i might have to push the local PC place to step up to the plate on this.

the gauges look nice, congrats.

Hi Wayne!

I got the parts zinc plated at a local place here in Cincinnati. The place is called Smith Electrochemical:

http://www.smithelectrochemical.com/index.htm

I sent a bunch of parts from the 70 and the 40. The price was reasonable I thought.

Hope this helps!

-Alberto

I will start putting the interior back together and start working on the rear axle swap.

I want to put some miles with the non-turbo configuration and make sure that everything went well on the head install prior to adding the turbo.

Obi was also happy that the truck started as yesterday we spent a few hours playing in the back yard.
207.jpg
208.jpg
209.jpg

I can't believe I didn't see this thread before. Congratulation Alberto this is one bad ass cruiser and it went to the right person definitely. And seeing it in a desert tan color, in OHIO ....... WOW. I have to say this bad ass truck deserves a 1hdt. maybe in the future:):)

nice truck....I bet the turbo will make ia nice addition.

nice cruiser, thats the perfect color for that truck!!!!

Well, I was hoping to have made some progress on my truck by now. But to be quite honest, I have not touch the BJ70 in over a month.

Omar (omarluis) and Fernando (ferportu) invited me to fly down to Venezuela and go with them to Angel Falls (the tallest waterfalls in the World). There are only two ways to get to Angel Falls:

1.- Flying via a small jet or propeller plane
2.- Taking a 70 mile 4x4 road (off-road each way)

I have always wanted to go to Angel Falls, but I told myself that I will not go unless I go off-road. The trip was on my "Bucket List" of things to do, Omar and Fernando invited me and I could not pass the opportunity.

The trip started with a 600 mile drive from Caracas to La Paragua. I will post some photos to share our trip. Fernando and Omar have done the trip multiple times so the trucks were prepared accordingly.
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg

Last edited:
The group was comprised by four (4) trucks and 9 people. The four trucks were:

1.- Fernando's FJ40 (Tan in the photos)
2.- Omar's FZJ71 (Blue in the photos)
3.- Iker's FZJ71 (Silver in the photos)
4.- Robert's FZJ71 (White in the photos)

All the trucks were equipped with front and rear locking differentials, snorkels, 8274 winches, and at least 36" tires. I was the co-pilot in Fernando's FJ40.
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0191.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom