Builds 1978 FJ40 Mustard Yellow - almost perfect thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jomelo

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m sitting on a plane to Oregon as I write this up. I don’t really have any plans for a build but like to at least keep something going to remind myself of things I’ve done or want to do. Last week I scooped up a 1978 FJ40 from @thecrazygreek. The rig was exactly what I was looking for and I was already planning to take a little trip this week. So here I am flying to Portland.

06D91A47-A634-4B30-B172-98F7502B9329.jpeg

This is the only picture I have saved of the truck. But will definitely take some more this week. I’m meeting up for lunch with @umpqua tomorrow and he is kindly giving me a lift down to Salem. From there, I’m going to pick up the 40 and bead over to Detroit Lake area and stay Tuesday night. After that, I have reservations near Mt Hood for Wednesday night. My plan is to generally cruise around the area before catching the red eye back on Thursday night (truck will be shipped back to Tallahassee).

I did order one of those old school ARB 40 series front bumpers. I didn’t own a 40 at the time but figured I would at some point. I might mount it up and see how it looks with the mustard. Now I wish I hadn’t sold that 8274 to @bottombracket......

Hell, it’s still in the box… I can send it right on back to you.

You CLEARLY need it more than I do right now.

Gorgeous ‘78 congrats!

Glad you made it safely...

Looking forward to meeting you...

So is the truck.... ;)

Glad you made it safely...

Looking forward to meeting you...

So is the truck.... ;)
Color code 532 Mustard right? Did you do single stage paint on it? I have a ‘76 that was originally Mustard, so body coming off in next year or two and back to Mustard. Great looking ride!

Color code 532 Mustard right? Did you do single stage paint on it? I have a ‘76 that was originally Mustard, so body coming off in next year or two and back to Mustard. Great looking ride!

This is still sporting it's original paint...!!

532 is the code yes...

Great meeting you!

I'm happy you liked the truck.

Good luck on your mini adventure!

Heres the first picture of you in your new to you rig!

20190723_144005.jpg

Nice!
You are now obliged to share a poser shot at each significant scenic area.

Lockwood.jpg

NICE.

Woohoo!

Great to hear!!!

Looking forward to the pics!

Killer 40. That's probably the only thing I would sell my BJ74 for, a sweet 40 like this. IMO, the 40 is THE Land Cruiser.

How do you compare it to your min-va....I mean Troopy? 🤣
Thank you! I’m having some issues uploading photos this morning. Maybe when I get to the Timberline....

As far as comparison? Hmmmm, the 40 has less room for friends?

Thank you! I’m having some issues uploading photos this morning. Maybe when I get to the Timberline....

As far as comparison? Hmmmm, the 40 has less room for friends?

Definitely less room in a 40. I imagine it's a bit louder than the troopy. I can't remember if your's was turbo'd or not.

Congrats, excellent 40!

You could drive a Troopy cross country in relative comfort. If you tried that in a 40 you'd need a chiropractor and an audiologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom