Builds 1978 FJ40 Mustard Yellow - almost perfect thread. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The garage looks to be on its way to completion with the 992S addition. The 40 does look right at home.

Best of both worlds! Even more so if those beauties from Stuttgart were air cooled👍

My coolant reservoir had seen better days so I ordered a new one - along with the matching hose. Simple install and significant improvement.

3D7C07AF-7740-4BD7-AE33-435FB887FA51.jpeg
443EA059-17D1-4FA4-9B67-DA61087DCE63.jpeg

Best of both worlds! Even more so if those beauties from Stuttgart were air cooled👍

Ha...I was going to say if it's not a 993 or earlier it's not a real 911! You beat me to it. Still nice vehicles though.

Ha...I was going to say if it's not a 993 or earlier it's not a real 911! You beat me to it. Still nice vehicles though.
They sure are! The earlier, lighter air cooled 911’s were really special though👍

More interior and exterior pics (of the FJ), please!

I have the identical rig to yours! How s your steering? What lift and tires do you have

View attachment 2073122
The lift is a HFS that was on it when I purchased. No power steering but that’s not really an issue for me. And tires are currently 33x10.50 KO2’s but I’m likely going to switch to KM3’s this week.

The lift is a HFS that was on it when I purchased. No power steering but that’s not really an issue for me. And tires are currently 33x10.50 KO2’s but I’m likely going to switch to KM3’s this week.
Mine is identical in terms of steering and tires. I have Bilsteins which HFS lift and that improved it quit a bit but it still feels "sloppy" Let me know how the new tires work out or any other steering improvements you make.

Any reason for the switch? I just did and don't really see the need, sorta like K02 for something that sees more road use. I don't get much mud here which might be the reason why I don't have a real need.

Also as another ex-aircooled guy....my eyes are set on a 997.2 gt3 when the funds allow.

Any reason for the switch? I just did and don't really see the need, sorta like K02 for something that sees more road use. I don't get much mud here which might be the reason why I don't have a real need.

Also as another ex-aircooled guy....my eyes are set on a 997.2 gt3 when the funds allow.
Nothing particular. Just thought it might add an extra touch of “ruggedness.”

That 997.2 GT3 will be a nice one to have for sure. I’m tempted to get rid of the Turbo S for one.

Check this link out John.

It's spendy but real nice....

Looking good btw!
I would like to buy this thing but was told I need to know which manifold adapter was used in the original install. Got any ideas @thecrazygreek? Apparently there are a few different sizes...........

I used a Mr. Gasket 1937 MRG It's 3/4 inch thick. ( I expect that's the measurement they are looking for)

I slightly modified the mounting holes to align with the 2F manifold.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom