Builds 1973 FJ40 Build Thread- Miami (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you all, yes my gf is a keeper. She loves building cars with me. We recently finished a c10 she did the entire interior on! She loves it. @toomanytoyzz you had me bidding with 5 seconds left! Hahahah but I was glued to the screen that day. So a little update Thursday after work I hand winched her off the trailer, I removed all the seats.

Question, should I paint the backs with a fresh coat, or only do the leather and leave the silver original.

I already went ahead and ordered the 2 patch paneled the floor needs (driver rear section and passenger front section)

Yesterday I spent 6/7 hours taking the engine apart and wire brushing/ cleaning the engine compartment.

Winching her off the trailer!

07DC5E0F-FE78-4127-93E5-DB0EFA497B5E.jpeg

1409AA07-3AB6-4815-96F6-79DBDA44D53E.jpeg

So I removed the brake and clutch master cylinders, water pump, radiator, fan, pulleys, carb, air cleaner. I painted the block and heads.

Tomorrow, I will take apart the carb and start rebuilding it, then I need to wait on parts to arrive!

Next week, I plan on wore brushing entire bottom, and POR15 everything .

Seriously cool 😎!

That is going to be some nice patina...
Good job!

Nice updates on a great project! I'm staying tuned :popcorn:

yes but nothing too crazy, a small patch on the passenger side and the rear section on the drivers side, i already ordered the patch panel.

Im currently wire brushing the chassis, suspension under side. ill post some pics tonight of the process.

I spent the afternoon wire brushing the front end, I gave it a coat of POR15. Tomorrow and Thursday I’ll finalize the wire brushing and hopefully Saturday I can POR15 the entire bottom.

I ordered new shocks, brake pads, cylinders, and lines. Hopefully they get here next week

1734709D-BA82-4A89-9979-2C7CE06B9F9D.jpeg

Good grief, look at those shackles. I bet it drives worse than a drunk day laborer on payday.

I received most of the suspension/ brake parts this morning. Once I finalize the the wire brushing / cleaning and POR15 ill begin on the brakes and suspension.

0208AD22-0C45-4DF3-B2B8-4F5FE53ADB10.jpeg

I had a Jeep CJ-7 with 4" custom lift shackles like that...man was it sketchy going down the highway.

I figure the closest thing to it would be running in some tall stilts... :hillbilly:

How much of a lift are the shackles it currently has?

The rain hasn’t really let me work,
But I got the tires mounted and test fitted one yesterday !

Im going to spend the weekend wire brushing and painting.

21A8634B-AB7D-4ED9-81DF-F38494966ED7.jpeg

Those look to be 3+ inches above stock. (1.5" of lift, maybe a bit more) I really like the CCOT 1.5 inch barbell shackles. They look great and provide a minor lift. .75"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom