Builds 1973 FJ40 Build Thread- Miami (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Só a little updated, I did a light gone last night, cleaned out all the Pistons, and put new rings on them. I changed the bearings and assembled last night.

6D1F5A7A-0A81-4124-8DD7-23EC4B912903.jpeg

2FADC0E0-CE58-4CDD-89ED-E95DDC33D4AE.jpeg

Thanks! I'll look them up. The head looks nice all cleaned up.
You mentioned timing chain. There is none. It's gear to gear.
I see you have the de-smog air rail plugs like mine. Pinched off and brazed up. I ran them for 19 years with no issues. But I did just replace them with the proper plugs just for looks. Some guys use pipe plugs but these are the proper ones that seat down where the tubing once seated.

View attachment 2082516
Though look very nice.

every Afternoon after work I have been assembling, I installed the header which I got ceramic coated and the intake manifold yesturday. I’m hoping to install the motor back in on Saturday!

Some good news, with the help of my GF I was able to leave the motor in today, tomorrow I plan on bolting the carb, clutch slave, and start on the odds and ends.

I also ordered the driver and passenger floor board patches to cut though out and weld them:

How do you guys feel about bedliner in theninside cab? Color matched in the same red.

98EC9D06-382A-459E-9B2C-51D84BB7E617.jpeg

32ED3D25-5D6F-436E-968F-CBF7821F0322.jpeg

1015 on a Friday night.. she PURRRrs. (Tried posting a video but it’s too large)
I ended up putting an after market carb though I have the factory carb freshly rebuilt.

Tomorrow I want to adjust the brakes and hopefully bleed the brakes,

i haven't really touched it mechanically, but i did weld up the drivers rear floor pan and the passenger front floor pan. i plan on spraying bedlinen then a painting it red to match.

I have been doing raptor tinted liner on all my rigs floors for a few years now.
I highly recommend the tinted raptor!!! Painting black liner is not a good idea...
Just apply it to where feet may touch.
So none on the wheel wells, and none on the tranny hump.
I also don't do the firewall.
It's tempting to use to cover minor imperfections, so it's your call in the end.
But I vote yes in the places I mentioned...

Btw... great and fast refresh!
Looks nice.
Always great to have an interested helper...!

I’m very very happy on how the inside came out, finished the patches and gave it a color matched bedliner.

Currently working on gel coating the roof.
I gave it 2 coats last week, I let it
Dry/ sanded it and currently giving it 2 more coats!

243CFFEC-23DA-4A9A-B0B3-0E609F763A17.jpeg

I’ll be out of town this weekend for my birthday, but next week I plan on leaving her street worthy.

- brakes adjusted /bled
- clutch slave installed and bled
-dropping the seats off at my upholster s
-hopping to begin buffing I did a sample and I was very happy

A little update, the clutch kit I installed actually had a faulty throw out bearing, it was very loud! So I removed the tranny and installed another throw out bearing. Problem resolved, I went ahead adjusted and bled the brakes. So she is now almost road worthy. I’m waiting on the new gas tank that arrives in the 10th.

I started wet sanding this morning, 1200/2500 and I plan on buffing the original paint today and tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom