0 to 60 times. How slow/fast is your 80? w/ videos (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I would share.

1992 3FE 240k miles, 10F degrees temp, flat ground, 31x10.5x15 BFG AT KO, no EGR, no VSV, no air pump, stock exhaust with cats, 87 octane with 10% ethanol, no advanced timing, TJM 15 aluminum front bumper, heavy wood sleeping platform. Speedo off by 7 mph for 15 + years. Not sure why, never really bothered with it. GPS verified today. 53 mph on the dash = 60 mph.

No PWR button on the 1992.

0-60 in just under 14 secs.

3FE POWWA!!

What you got @scottryana haha

You can see my set up in the signature line. My vehicle was something like 4770 lbs when new. Today it sits at over 6800 lbs with all of the metal I have added plus the 500 lbs of tools in the 3/4" marine plywood toolbox in the back which also weights a good 100lbs. I'll check the 0-60 tomorrow but I am pretty sure it sucks - too much weight! This thing is set up for wheeling. I am pretty sure a VW bug could smoke me in a head to head race.

105 ... so an 80 underneath, with 5 studs and the fat sisters body on the chassis ;)

Sea level, 4.2 1HDFTE 5 speed auto in D with gturbo, 26 psi boost, safari intercooler, DTE tune device, custom 3" exhaust, auto valve body upgrade, custom torque converter, 34" tyres and 4.88 gears. The higher stall torque convertor get the jump on into max torque and boost from standing start.

I get 6.8 sec 0-60mph.

Was a vehicle we built for a customer including the conversion and auto etc.

Customer has been reporting 10.8 lt per 100km economy [around 36 mpg I think]

I just tried updating the list but got an error after submitting. I'll look into it later when I have more time.

I lined up my 80 series against my neighbor's beagle in a quarter mile race. He beat me but only by a nose! Of course, my neighbor cheated. He had some bacon at the finish line!

Who cares if it is slow. It climbs like a billy goat and the engine is nearly bullet proof! My purpose in keeping it is to drive it off-road. If it takes a little longer to get to the dirt, I don't care!

My son and I timed my 93 FZJ80 with 325k on it. I wasn't wrong. My 92 with 245k (and no EGR, smog, etc) is faster. I think I posted a video earlier in the thread of my 92 at 13.8 seconds. We timed my 93 at the same flat ground section at 15.8. Basically a stock rig. Clearly it is time for a tuneup and EGR/PAIR delete.

Finally got around to filming my 2fe powered 1992 FJ80. I have no idea what the stock time was before I swapped the engine but it was pretty awful. I averaged 16.5 seconds over several runs. Stock A440f tranny, gearing, and tire size.

Are you saying you can get yours up to 60?

No vids, but my HDJ80 does 0-100km/h (GPS) in 8.5 seconds pulling off normally, better times can be achieved by giving her a bit of throttle and dropping the clutch, but I don't like doing that very often.

With the 3" pulley installed I got 8.8 seconds using the car performance app ony phone. Still stupid initial lag but then pulls pretty well.
Screenshot_20160905-092748.png

I used an app to redo my times with my down grade in gears to 3.55 but agressive tuning and larger turbo (30psi). I still am very conservitive keeping the trans in mind for shift points and lock up. I can't figure out how to save/ post the results.

13.8sec 0-60mph 3.55 gears 315 tires about 5500# estimated . I'm in the flat land of Kansas and 40-50 degrees. even with the intercooler I notice a large difference in power based on temps and humidity.

TurboPhil is in the process of rebuild with cammed studded upgraded 6bt cummins A343F and trying to break it. well see how it handles the fresh build. I'll try and force some numbers out of him after its broken in.

My lx450, 195k miles, 285s, 2" lift, Yakima rack.

0-60. Yes.

If he is going to go to all of that work with the 5.9, he really should send that 343 out and have it built. I would definitely try ATF speed. I am sure a cummins will blow apart a stock 343 with little trouble.

A340E Transmissions | ATF Speed.com

I used an app to redo my times with my down grade in gears to 3.55 but agressive tuning and larger turbo (30psi). I still am very conservitive keeping the trans in mind for shift points and lock up. I can't figure out how to save/ post the results.

13.8sec 0-60mph 3.55 gears 315 tires about 5500# estimated . I'm in the flat land of Kansas and 40-50 degrees. even with the intercooler I notice a large difference in power based on temps and humidity.

TurboPhil is in the process of rebuild with cammed studded upgraded 6bt cummins A343F and trying to break it. well see how it handles the fresh build. I'll try and force some numbers out of him after its broken in.

My son and I timed my 93 FZJ80 with 325k on it. I wasn't wrong. My 92 with 245k (and no EGR, smog, etc) is faster. I think I posted a video earlier in the thread of my 92 at 13.8 seconds. We timed my 93 at the same flat ground section at 15.8. Basically a stock rig. Clearly it is time for a tuneup and EGR/PAIR delete.

No one trusts your stats, you are a well known 3fe enthusiast nut job. :flipoff2:

It's in the back of our head well see how it holds up. I'm suprised it's held up this long. lock up is not used very agressively as he can slip it on demand below about 1700 rpm. It's quick to down shift also to Rev it and let the torque converter buffer load and slip. Not as efficient but it's about torque management to not abuse it on purpose.
If he is going to go to all of that work with the 5.9, he really should send that 343 out and have it built. I would definitely try ATF speed. I am sure a cummins will blow apart a stock 343 with little trouble.

A340E Transmissions | ATF Speed.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom