Builds Blown LX450 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got her dyno tuned yesterday so I was going to post a video to get you guys opinion on my 0-60 time. I know its stupid for an 80 but...
I figured instead of making a thread just to post my 0-60 video I would go ahead and start my build thread. I have been meaning to get around to this for a while. I have always been a lurker on mud but didn't make an account until recently. I could not post the video on mud so I put it on my youtube account. I need you guys help on your best guess for what my 0-60 time is. My buddy with a ford raptor has been talking smack but I think I can run with him now. He has a 2013 that hits 60 between 6.9 and 7.1 seconds. I tried not to power brake but when I watched the video I noticed that I did (I am just so used to launching automatics haha). I am cool with power breaking because everyone does it for their times. However I do not want to try another run. My tuner warned me about the drive train stress. She is putting out 350 hp and 500 tq at the crank. That much torque puts a lot of stress on the system and he told me to never power break and launch her. Which I seemed to have done oops haha.
It looks to me like my time is between 6 and 7 seconds but I want to know what you guys think it is exactly. KEEP IN MIND THAT I HIT 60 WHEN THE SPEEDOMETER READS 56 BECAUSE I AM RUNNING 295'S. The video is 10 seconds long but I do not start the run exactly at 0. Like I said I will work more on my build thread when I have more time but I want to know my exact 0-60 so I can brag to my redneck buddies. Some specs are in the video description.
Link:
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @ANDREW.762

Enough of the 0-60 stuff, lets see under the bonnet! :flipoff2: and details! :D
I like the enthusiasm haha. There are some details in the youtube description. It is finals this and next week so I will do my best to get my build thread rolling. You are supposed to give me your best estimate of how many seconds and milliseconds haha

That's looking like 7 seconds to me, maybe better. X2 on under the hood, and mod details i.e. stock pulley? intercooler? timing? Mine goes like crazy once it's rolling but I can't get it to launch and it loses a ton of time taking off. I don't think powerbraking will hurt it much, but it's your truck, not mine.:flipoff2:

Blower #1.jpg

This is the only picture I have at the moment but I will try to list all my specs now.
1FZFE
Sprintex Twin screw supercharger with high boost pulley: Running between 9 and 10 psi
650 cc high flow fuel injectors
Devils own Water methanol injection (pre charger): Running a 50/50 mix with a remote 8 gallon tank located where the spare tire was. (I average about a gallon of water meth per 25 gallons of gas)

Dyno tuned with piggy back AEM fic8
350hp 500tq at the crank (30% drive train loss if you want to know it at the wheels 500 just sounds better to me)
Safari Snorkel
Custom inside the frame manifold back 3 inch exhaust: merge collector, High flow cat, Magniflow round, magniflow 4x9, then bends over the rear axle, then goes to a 12 inch vibrant bottle style resonator then a turn down. Its on the loud side but inside the cabin it is fairly quiet.
5w-30 Schaeffers full synthetic (best oil on the market) with TRD oil filter.
Schaeffers synthetic transmission fluid
Schaeffers para-synthetic differential fluid (front, center, and rear)
Slee stainless brake lines all around
Hawk heavy duty towing ceramic pads in the front
Hawk high performance street ceramic pads in the rear
ATE racing brake fluid (who knows if it makes a difference but I thought why not get the best)
Centric premium rotors
CDL button
7 pin mod
Aussie locker in the rear
open diff up front
AWD and thats how she is staying. I can brake the tires loose fairly easily so I need all the traction I can get especially in the rain (still running my viscous coupler)
TJM 2 inch heavy lift kit with adjustable shocks
295 (33.4) Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes with spare (5 tire rotation just like the manual says!) with 50,000 mile warranty!
Stock 4.11 gears
Front Metal Tech 4x4 Tube bumper with Engo 12,000 pound winch
Iron Pig Offroad Skid Plate
Rear 4x4 Labs bumper with tow hitch, offset rear Engo 12,000 pound winch, triple jerry can swing out, and spare tire swing out.
White knuckle offroad sliders (with the cat protection removed because my exhaust stays inside the frame now so I get more ground clearance)
All of my armor is welded to the frame
The whole truck is Monstalined black
Factory roof rack delete
Shane's brown Lexus leather front and back
Cover king front multicam seat covers
Pioneer double din head unit with bluetooth, upgraded speakers, and a 12 inch JL audio sub woofer.
Front turn signals have been swapped for the clear ones for an updated look.
Rear smoked LED tail lights with Pfran super bright LED reverse bulbs
Pfran LED interior lights everywhere inside
Weather tech floor mats front and back
Rebuilt front knuckles
All fluids base lined
Rebuilt rear axle
top end 1FZFE rebuild
Transmission rebuild in 2 weeks
That's all I can think of right now. I can add some pictures later if you guys are interested. I honestly did not want to do a build thread because I want my truck to be private an unique. However I am making myself do this, not to show off, but because Mud has helped me so much. Who knows what kind of ratchet mods I would have on my rig if I did not have mud as a recourse to thoroughly research before every purchase. I am doing this to give back to the community. I hope you guys can learn from me and steal some of my ideas because that's exactly what I did from y'all!

Blower #1.jpg

Last edited:
That's looking like 7 seconds to me, maybe better. X2 on under the hood, and mod details i.e. stock pulley? intercooler? timing? Mine goes like crazy once it's rolling but I can't get it to launch and it loses a ton of time taking off. I don't think powerbraking will hurt it much, but it's your truck, not mine.:flipoff2:
My base timing is set at 5 degrees but my Fuel Ignition Controller regulates that. I decided to go without an intercooler because it puts extra drag on the system, adds extra weight to the rig (I say that jokingly haha), adds cost, and more complexity to the motor. In my opinion water methanol injection is far superior to an intercooler. It gets you more hp and tq (most companies advertise 10-15% increase if you tune for it but who knows if that is true), cooler intake charge, better gas mileage (5% advertised but who knows if that is true I am honestly to scared to ever check my mileage haha), keeps your engine clean, prevents detonation, and adds octane. In a nut shell it is like running low level race fuel and an inter-cooler at the same time and it makes your engine way safer. It honestly sounds to good to be true but it is not. I pay 35$ for 5 gallon drums of methanol. I run a 50/50 mix with distilled water. So the cost to run the system is $3.50 per tank of gas and that's if you run her completely empty (which you obviously should never do because it can cause a misfire). Some of that cost will be offset if there really is a 5% mileage increase but I have no way of checking that because it went on at the same time as the blower. It is essentially peace of mind that your engine is safe, especially when you are running higher levels of boost.

Very nice build. Seems like that fic8 has given others issues, but sounds like it's working great for you. I've got the trd charger, intercooler and methanol injection but I think the stock ecu is a crutch. I can only get between 8 and 9 seconds 0 to 60 but still stock pulley.

Very nice build. Seems like that fic8 has given others issues, but sounds like it's working great for you. I've got the trd charger, intercooler and methanol injection but I think the stock ecu is a crutch. I can only get between 8 and 9 seconds 0 to 60 but still stock pulley.
He is in AU, no OBDII, no closed loop, open loop issues so FIC8 works. Not on the US ECU.
I am in the US. However I did have a ton of problems getting the thing wired and AEM customer service was no help at all. We could not get it to control the timing. Now that it works it works great. My tuner is amazing. He has race cars pumping out 2,000 hp (a lot of nissan GTR's). He had it tuned in an hour and a half. It was pretty funny though because it was the first lifted truck he had on his dyno. It barely cleared the ceiling and we actually had to remove my spare tire carrier to fit it on the dyno because it would have hit the wall. He gets flown by clients all around the world just so he can tune their cars. So like I said it was a nightmare to get it wired but tuning it was easy for him and she runs perfect now. Cruises quietly, well kinda, down the highway at 65mph sitting right at 2100 rpms.
Dude that is sick that you have water meth though! My mechanic said if he were to do it again he would have gone with a different piggy back or a stand alone but I already had the FIC8... If you got a piggy back or stand alone you could go to a smaller pulley and dyno tune for a lot more power. However the TRD blower is a roots style and the Sprintex is twin screw so there would be some differences. I didn't mean to sound like I was talking smack about intercoolers either. They are definitely necessary and a great tool on engines with high boost and no water meth.

I am in the US. However I did have a ton of problems getting the thing wired and AEM customer service was no help at all. We could not get it to control the timing. Now that it works it works great. My tuner is amazing. He has race cars pumping out 2,000 hp (a lot of nissan GTR's). He had it tuned in an hour and a half. It was pretty funny though because it was the first lifted truck he had on his dyno. It barely cleared the ceiling and we actually had to remove my spare tire carrier to fit it on the dyno because it would have hit the wall. He gets flown by clients all around the world just so he can tune their cars. So like I said it was a nightmare to get it wired but tuning it was easy for him and she runs perfect now. Cruises quietly, well kinda, down the highway at 65mph sitting right at 2100 rpms.
Dude that is sick that you have water meth though! My mechanic said if he were to do it again he would have gone with a different piggy back or a stand alone but I already had the FIC8... If you got a piggy back or stand alone you could go to a smaller pulley and dyno tune for a lot more power. However the TRD blower is a roots style and the Sprintex is twin screw so there would be some differences. I didn't mean to sound like I was talking smack about intercoolers either. They are definitely necessary and a great tool on engines with high boost and no water meth.
The truck had the intercooler on it when I bought it actually. I added the water/methanol injection. It has a lag off the line that makes me wonder if it isn't the intercooler causing it.

Oh that's interesting I am not sure why I thought you were in AU, maybe I am confusing you with someone else.

That is interesting that you were able to get it tuned. I would be interested to see what your tuner did. I know my tuner was talking about using the piggyback to just trick the truck to thinking it was in open loop all the time and then just having to tune the one state.

Which GT-R tuner is it? There are only about 3 putting out 2,000hp, AMS, T1 and maybe Ivey or Topspeed.

Going forward for people trying to setup turbo setups your FMIC8 would be a whole lot cheaper for most people than doing a stand alone, if it's ok with your tuner you should make some screenshots and post them so that people can see what was done.

Great job, fast truck for sure!

I fully agree with @scottryana , info in the set up for the FIC8 would be a great help. There are plenty of people that would like to wade through the stock ecm quagmire (myself included!)

The truck had the intercooler on it when I bought it actually. I added the water/methanol injection. It has a lag off the line that makes me wonder if it isn't the intercooler causing it.
I really can't say. The only thing I can think that could be happening is you could have to much water/meth spraying. Mine is set at 2 and 6 if that helps. Or your nozzles could be to big or small. Those are the only guesses I have. Do you have stock tires and gears?

Oh that's interesting I am not sure why I thought you were in AU, maybe I am confusing you with someone else.

That is interesting that you were able to get it tuned. I would be interested to see what your tuner did. I know my tuner was talking about using the piggyback to just trick the truck to thinking it was in open loop all the time and then just having to tune the one state.

Which GT-R tuner is it? There are only about 3 putting out 2,000hp, AMS, T1 and maybe Ivey or Topspeed.

Going forward for people trying to setup turbo setups your FMIC8 would be a whole lot cheaper for most people than doing a stand alone, if it's ok with your tuner you should make some screenshots and post them so that people can see what was done.

Great job, fast truck for sure!

I fully agree with @scottryana , info in the set up for the FIC8 would be a great help. There are plenty of people that would like to wade through the stock ecm quagmire (myself included!)

Thanks man. I definitely appreciate the ole girl more now. I am going to see them on the 14th for my transmission rebuild so I will ask about how they wired it up. They were very frustrated with it and said if they were to do it again they would use a Mega Squirt FIC, IIRC... They actually began to refer to it as almost engine management haha. So I would not run out and buy an AEM but if you already have one I will do my best to describe the wiring that was done once I ask them.

Here is my tuners web cite: DBW Motorsports | Where perfection is the only option
The 2200 at the wheels GTR is one of the employees. Their track car is making 900 at the wheels. They explained to me that it needed to spool quicker for the straightaways so I am thinking the turbos are smaller... The 2200 is running 12 ejectors and man is it sick.

The lag was going on before I did the water/meth too. It is set up pretty mild as far as spray. The truck has 4.88 gears and 35's. It's funny, if I can it from the slightest roll it jumps and screams like it thinks its a turbo supra. From a standstill it just lags a bit. All in all it really does rip it up for a big old truck, which is fine with me! I really need to take a real, well done video of the way it runs.

The lag was going on before I did the water/meth too. It is set up pretty mild as far as spray. The truck has 4.88 gears and 35's. It's funny, if I can it from the slightest roll it jumps and screams like it thinks its a turbo supra. From a standstill it just lags a bit. All in all it really does rip it up for a big old truck, which is fine with me! I really need to take a real, well done video of the way it runs.

Oh okay... Mine does not leap off the line super hard but it is because I am on stock gears with 295's. You definitely should post it on the 0-60 thread. There are a lot of people who have gone with a smaller pulley on their TRD setups with good results and if you have water injection there is no need to worry about engine damage... well to an extent. You are actually properly geared though so you should be jumping off the line pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom