0 to 60 times. How slow/fast is your 80? w/ videos (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr

SILVER Star
Threads
We know our 80’s are slow so lets compare to see who’s got the fastest or slowest 80 out there. 0-60 in MILES PER HOUR

Rules: State your vehicle’s year, engine, tire size, gears, and mods. Also perform this test on flat ground, record the ambient temperature and elevation to help in comparing other member’s trucks. Make note of whether or not the power shift button was used, if applicable. You should also try to perform this run in opposite directions to help compensate for elevation changes and wind. Speed needs to be calculated by a gps if your truck is running on non-stock sized tires/gears unless your odometer is accurate. With gas prices around $2.00 a gallon, this is a great time to test your truck.

Remember, always be safe and do not break any speed limits.

Here’s our tests results tonight:
92 FJ80 stock engine (3FE) with 33 x 10.5’s, stock gears, sliders, flat roof rack, Ironman bumper and 2 ½” lift, 12k pound winch, new catalytic converter, new louder (less restrictive?) muffler.
22 seconds on way slightly down hill
26 seconds opposite way slightly up hill
24 seconds average.

UPDATE! New video with 4.88s!
25.8 seconds slightly uphill and headwind
16.93 seconds slightly downhill and tailwind
21 seconds average

94 FZJ80 stock engine (1FZ-FE) with 285 x 75’s, stock everything except a 2 ½” ironman lift.
15 seconds one way slightly down hill
17 seconds one way slightly up hill
16 seconds average.

For another comparison we tested our 99 LX 470 which is bone stock with 285 x 75’s
Roughly 12 seconds for both runs.

Due to many varying engines and mods, I decided to compile all of the times into one list.

Current Standings (6/9/15)
All times posted are with the 1FZ-FE motor and stock gears unless noted.

1. 6.5 Seconds (6.2L Vortec and more) @Winslow
2. 6.7 Seconds (Turbo) @scottryana
3. 8.7 Seconds (SC, 4.88s, methanol injection) @murf
4. 9.5 Seconds (Turbo 1HZ) @TheBigBoy
5. 11 Seconds (Turbo) at 5565 elevation @subzali
6. 11-12 Seconds (Supercharger, 4.88s, 35s) @dogfishlake
7. 12 Seconds (SC and 4.88s) (16 seconds w/out supercharger) - beachcomberspi
8. 12 Seconds (Turbo & 35s) @2KCruiser
9. 13.ish Seconds (35s) @Qball
10. 13.9ish Seconds @Booger weldz
11. 15.ish seconds (Cummins 12v 6bt/NV4500/split case) @Mr Cimarron
12. 15.ish seconds @musthave
13. 16 Seconds @SUMMIT CRUISERS
14. 17 Seconds (Turbo 4bt Cummins) @cjmoon
15. 17-18 Seconds (Isuzu 4bd1t w/blown HG at 18psi) @Wheelingnoob
16. 18 Seconds @SmokingRocks
17. 18.6 Seconds @Florida 80 (3FE, Stock gears, and 33s)
18. 19 Seconds (3F w/ manual trans) @Neil826
19. 24 Seconds (4.88s) at 6500' @Corbet
20. 24 Seconds (3FE) 21 seconds with 4.88s - @SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr.
21. < a hoveround (3FE) @M32H32is

Last edited:
No numbers or videos, but I do know that it is fast enough on the two lane freeway on ramps that it really pisses off the BMW next to me!

I've got 4.10s and 37s if anyone cares(97 1fz). I can text video. I'll Call 52mph 60 w the mismatch...

Edit: I got high 13 seconds over and over at near sea level(Modesto, CA area) on flat land in 45 degree weather.

Last edited:
97 80 series, ifzfe, 700 feet above sea level, 95 degrees, flat, negligible wind, 4.88's in 35's. 16 seconds both ways x 6 runs. Also have EMS header back, sliders, 2.5 OME, nitro charger shocks, Slee Short Bus. Used 65 as 60 with gearing and tires.

Post supercharger install, 97 degrees all else the same-12 seconds every time. SC pulley is 3.25 inch

I drag raced my Gramma's hoveround and lost by 2 lengths.

Compensating for the odo being off?

Compensating for the odo being off?

Yes. That is why we used the gps to show our actual speed due to it being roughly 6% off from stock with the 33 inch tires.

Do all 3FE's have the PWR -shift point button?
To level the playing field you may want to specify use of it, I'd think it's a big help in a 0-60 run - buttdyno thinks it changes how my 80 behaves anyway.

I drag raced my Gramma's hoveround and lost by 2 lengths.
Were you in a 3FE or 1FZ-FE? o_O

Do all 3FE's have the PWR -shift point button?
To level the playing field you may want to specify use of it, I'd think it's a big help in a 0-60 run - buttdyno thinks it changes how my 80 behaves anyway.

Good point about specifying whether the power shift button was used. I didn't even think about it because 92-92s do not have it. When we tested the 94, we did not use the power shift button, nor did we use it in the LX470.

Last edited:
The Power button makes NO difference if you foot is mashed to the floor! John
I would swear you catch a shift before 60, but if you know different then I defer.
Just thought it was applicable.

1996, LX450, 155K miles, turbo 1FZ FE, temp about 68 degrees.

6.7 seconds, no tricks no brake boosting etc just off the brake on the gas.

slight up hill, driver and passenger, 35's stock gears, shortbus front with 9k winch, metaltech sliders, Slee skidplate, 4x4labs rear bumper, 4x4labs jerry can holder, 5 gal of fuel, 5 gal of water, spare inside, wagongear tailgate, roof rack, custom stereo, 3/4 tank of gas and probably another 100lbs of stuff inside.

Video is uploading to youtube. Speedo is off by 11% so 54mph is 60mph no GPS in the truck today but I have used my Garmin GPS many times and it is 11%

Last edited:
Come on let's see some others, stock 1FZFE, stock 3FE, LS swap guys, Cummins guys, Toyota diesel guys, Isuzu diesel guys, 2UZ guys, just grab a quick video from stop merging onto the highway, would be interesting to see the differences.

You gave me too much credit at 13+. It was 13.9x over and over:) I probably shoulda just said 14.

I am not sure I can afford the fuel for this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom