What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't you just replace the o-ring in the dizzy to stop the leak? :)
Leaks at the Oring and can leak internally which you can’t really fix. I believe someone took there’s apart and was able to, but Toyota does not list this

Installed power seats from a 2012 Range Rover Sport and gave my interior a full detail (after 7 years of ownership🤣).
This seat swap hasn't been done yet and there were complexities to bypass the CAN Bus, but I'll be making a full write up with all the necessary info to make it straightforward for anyone wanting bougie lumbar AND bolster adjusting captain's chairs 😉

PXL_20240111_200255710.jpg

Unfortunately, I had a LC specific shop take a look at it and it’s leaking internally. Just going to replace it for peace of mind.
I just did the same thing. The distributor is still available, so I snagged a new one and installed it which I assume means I don't need to worry about it for another 20 years.

It was 6* this am when I had to take my kid to wrestling

Man the ole diesel was angry
I have to do a real cold start about once a month and I always think man I need a coolant heater or something, this is gonna shake itself apart

Drive the 80 to the other 80 and put on my newly cut hood. Also installed quick release hood latches because the factory latch seized up on me one day. Was a pain in the ass getting it to release 🤬.
20240113_151018.jpg
20240113_151032.jpg
20240113_151048.jpg
20240113_151100.jpg
20240113_151127.jpg

Swapped out the rotors last weekend dumping the cheap auto parts store rotors for OEM. One of the rotor bolts was not stock, replaced it this weekend. This was close to an $8 bolt because I bought from the local dealership, Lynch Toyota in Auburn, AL. Feel like I've been lynched by Lynch :lol: , but I expected this.

IMG_1338.jpg

I have to do a real cold start about once a month and I always think man I need a coolant heater or something, this is gonna shake itself apart
I used to have a 6.4 power stroke and I had it set up with a block heater, two battery heaters, and an oil pan heater. Had the outlet on a timer to come on at 3am till 6am. That thing fired up like it was summer time and warmed up so much faster. Any amount of pre warming will help though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom