A journey with my boys- The Elf Barn as I call it. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Busy weekend. Productive. Om606 harvest done, got fj140 roller back in for some final frame clean up before body mounts. Went for crawfish bash mowed the entire property.

IMG_5287.jpeg

IMG_5288.jpeg

IMG_5284.jpeg

Made a quick trip to Amarillo on Sat and caught up with @POTATO LAUNCHER and fam and get some parts for @cowboy45’s build. On Sunday we made some headway on my fj140 build together with @SipLife. Shortened fzj80 frame is ready for 60 body. We separated the 60 rolling chassis from the body and rolled the 80 rolling chassis in for body mount install.

IMG_5373.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_5399.jpeg

IMG_5398.jpeg

Worked in the barn with the boys. @SipLife helped me with my build while @Cowboy45 worked on rebuilding his full float rear axle (70 series).

@Cowboy45 wanted to try a new BBQ brisket recipe which had siracha/tobasco binder and longhorn dry rub. It will hit the smoker tomorrow with some lunch and breakfast items. We will be in the barn all day working and tending to breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

IMG_5462.jpeg

IMG_5458.jpeg

IMG_5457.jpeg

IMG_5460.jpeg

Last edited:
Well..... How did the brisket turn out?!
Just started this morning. Marinaded overnight. Getting lunch ready. Jalepenos stuffed with garlic infused cream cheese, pickle, and a wrap of bacon

IMG_5477.jpeg

IMG_5476.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg

IMG_5472.jpeg

IMG_5471.jpeg

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5473.jpeg

IMG_5474.jpeg

While we wait. We assembled this. One of @Cowboy45 friend came over to see the barn and confirm some his career aspirations in automotive. Meeting us clowns he may have chosen a different path by the time he left 😀.

IMG_5481.jpeg

IMG_5482.jpeg

Last edited:
Nope. Company smoker. Storing it and using it😀
Texaco employees and company property don't seem to mix well. When I was working for Texaco in New Orleans I got a call in my office one morning asking me what I did with the company car. It turns out that someone stole it from the parking garage right after I returned it after a trip to Morgan City. I think it turned up later, but it was a Ford Fairmont, so it probably didn't matter one way or the other :).

The best company car story ever, in my opinion, involved a couple of my Texaco co-workers. Milton and Rick drove down to Morgan City for a trip offshore, parked the company car at the dock, and returned several days later. When they were walking back to the car after the trip they thought that something about the car looked unusual, like someone had tinted the windows while they were gone. When Milton unlocked the car and opened the drivers door, he discovered that the interior was mostly burned out.

Milton was a big cigar smoker. When they got to the dock and parked the car, Milton set his still lit cigar down on the dashboard, but forgot to take it with him when they locked the car. And Rick left his nylon jacket on the seat. The lit end of Milton's cigar was towards the windshield, so as the cigar continued to burn the center of gravity shifted beyond the edge of the dashboard. As a result, the cigar flipped over the edge and landed on the bench seat. The cigar ignited the bench seat fabric and the fabric and cushions apparently smoldered for days.

And when Rick opened the passenger door he noticed his jacket was still on the front seat, but as soon as he touched it the jacket crumbled to ash. All that was left was a trail of shiny brass zipper segments laid out across unburnt seat fabric beneath.

We all cracked up when they got back to the office and told us the details.

I have several true stories / personal experiences with company cars from Cities Service Oil Company also. Can only imagine how much worse Texaco was. :)

@Cowboy45 worked rebuilding his 70 series full float axle that will get under his fj45 build. @SipLife was busy shortening (bbq smoker for scale) a hand throttle for his 40. Its summer so the boys are getting some barn time in. I worked alongside them and built the body mounts for my fj140 build. Good tunes blowing. Hot as a sauna. Spinning wrenches.

IMG_5536.jpeg

IMG_5537.jpeg

IMG_5535.jpeg

IMG_5534.jpeg

IMG_5522.jpeg

IMG_5518.jpeg

IMG_5496.jpeg

IMG_5460.jpeg

Visiting the big House with @Cowboy45. He is thinking about it for Mechanical Engineering. He likes A&M as well. My Alma Mater is a stones throw rival of U of M. Fighting Irish. Holding my breath about that 😁.

IMG_5541.jpeg

Last edited:
Many things going on. @SipLife is working on a cold air intake, @Cowboy45 is refreshing his 6.0 motor, i am working on custom body mounts for my build. Its crazy hot!!

Happy 4th compadres from the Elf Barn! Many things to be thankful about in our lives!!!

IMG_5607.jpeg

IMG_5609.jpeg

Elves at work. 95 degrees 40% humidity. Leather aprons, welding gloves, face masks, ear buds. Shweaty!!! @Cowboy45 switching back to skinnys and got some preflight checks on hubs, coolant, oil. @SipLife searching for colder intake air. Its a myth here in TX 😁. Old Landy 6.0 LQ4 ready for strip down and refresh.

IMG_5638.jpeg

IMG_5637.jpeg

IMG_5636.jpeg

IMG_5633.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg

IMG_5631.jpeg

IMG_5627.jpeg

IMG_5629.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom