A journey with my boys- The Elf Barn as I call it. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With activity kicking up with the elves, added these to ease the cue. Have the 1/2” monster that came with charger and extra batteries.

IMG_5657.jpeg

Last edited:
Drilled a hole in my wallet😁. LS engine refresh bits for Old Landy. @Cowboy45 researched all and placed the order at the counter. A right of passage. Next time even better when he foots the bill. Still cheaper than turbo charging a 2H.

71053046004__EB0D6677-1512-42CC-AB79-555BD16E298A.jpeg

IMG_5661.jpeg

@siplife’s Cold air intake done. Going to Canes Chicken for a test run🥴! @Cowboy45, dressed down his 6.0 LS for paint, new gaskets and seals. My build body mount saga goes on. 10 down. 2 to go. Good time at the elf barn. Edward scissorhandish!

IMG_5666.jpeg

IMG_5670.jpeg

IMG_5663.jpeg

Drove out to LA to buy a 96’ FZJ80 from @Mentoneflyer . Rust free with magic dial, should make a nice donor ;). Trailer had been sitting outside, did not realize how bad it was. Severe dry rot. Sank the rear tire of the 80 as we loaded it up. Luckily landed between 2 metal support ribs. Towed it home like this o_O

IMG_8727.jpeg
IMG_8726.jpeg

First detected the rot when @Cowboy45 walked to free wheel the winch cable out. He went through one board😁! Its was sketch. Louisiana style! @Broski safety popo would not approve.

Last edited:
The trio here have been at it in the barn. This week is scheduled for 104deg F days this week. Hydrating. Hard with gear on (ear protection, welding gloves, leather aprons, face shields). Boys are getting rigs ready for SAS and working on build stuff. Got the body mount cups made and starting to test fit on the fj140 build.

Ya know its hot when you develop heat rash! Got some calamine lotion to sooth it down.

IMG_5740.jpeg

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5745.jpeg

IMG_5729.jpeg

Got this to adjust bolt length on fj140 build. Cut bolt to length with cut off, chamfer for easy re-thread.

IMG_5813.jpeg

IMG_5812.jpeg

@Cowboy45 finished up his 6.0 LS seal up, all new gaskets, front, and rear main seals, H3 oil pan. Love how easy it is to work on this. Also sorted out or hydration for the barn. 10 gallon water jug, and mini ice maker. Works like a charm. Got my mounts tacked in. Practicing some vertical welding techniques before i lock em in for good. @SipLife worked on fixing his dash lights and LED conversion. We all installed Midland 115XT coms in prep for SAS.

IMG_5803.jpeg

IMG_5801.jpeg

IMG_5799.jpeg

IMG_5814.jpeg

Post how the vertical welding techniques work please. I have the same situation coming up.
Many say uphill with an inverted V or triangle with lower heat and wire speeds. Tried a slew. Tough to get it to lay flat and dimed. I can get better a better bead going downhill with the gun pointed up against the puddle coming down. I made several test runs. I will share pics

Post SAS7, boys got their rigs cleaned up. Griot’s wax job when it cools down later this evening.

IMG_6147.jpeg

IMG_6146.jpeg

IMG_6150.jpeg

IMG_6149.jpeg

IMG_6148.jpeg

IMG_6151.jpeg

Griots did its job

82DFEC6C-7A03-4478-B8FD-99561893E63D.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom