What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ran jb on my radiator for about 1000 miles. It ended up failing. Not catastrophically, just a pin hole leak.
That kinda makes me think the crack opened up underneath and had a path to get out due to air pockets in the JB Weld. Or do you think it wasn’t bonded well with the radiator?

That kinda makes me think the crack opened up underneath and had a path to get out due to air pockets in the JB Weld. Or do you think it wasn’t bonded well with the radiator?
I’m thinking that the 10-15psi eventually blew out an tiny air pocket.

I’m thinking that the 10-15psi eventually blew out an tiny air pocket.
That doesn’t sound right. 10-15psi and 200ºF is nothing for that stuff. It can withstand up to 5020psi and 550ºF. Makes me wonder how well it was applied. No disrespect intended.

“Upgraded” my Weathertech mats with Drew’s Decals. Quick two minute swap.

24ABB846-6D2A-4C25-A188-AB2EBEBF9165.jpeg

Would those fit the Husky mats?
I have the same question. Ones I got through the forum were about 1/16" too long and wide to fit properly in my husky liners.

I got the Husky version when he was selling them on the forum. He had both Husky and WT, they are different sizes.

I hear you, but the material the radiator tanks are made from is breaking down. There are many other manufacturers who suffer from these cost reduction measures (bmw) also.

If you prevent it from failing in this manufactured weak spot, Murphy says it will fail elsewhere. Might as well get it over with!
I tend to agree with this. I’ve seen a couple of the failed radiators cut open post mortem and the internal surfaces are failing. Looks like brown bubbles on the surface of the plastic. Having said that, you can’t argue with the fact that several have been running well beyond the initial signs of cracking with a high quality patch job. I would rather have the peace of mind and replace.

I saw 19-21 a few times early on but doubt I’ll ever see north of 17 ever again now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom