1970 FJ55 - AKA "Buckshot" - Father & Son Build Project #2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More Pics

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0615.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0613.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

4xFletch is swapping out the front doors and rear gate on his and I am going to put the fenders off of Buckshot back on Goose after I swap them. Pretty much all the parts we pull, we will replace them with the parts we are replacing from ours. When we get done Goose will be a "mostly" complete FJ55 (just with rougher parts), so if someone what’s to take it and put it back on the road, they can. If not, we might part it out. I hate taking one apart, but both 4xFletch and my FJ55's were rotting in the woods when we got them, so we are taking three that were basically abandoned and putting two of them back on the road.

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a nice haul. If those rims are riveted, you can’t run on a disc brake front without grinding the calipers a bit. If they’re welded instead, you’re good for either disc or drum. You may already know this, but FYI just in case.

Sounds like you got a nice haul. If those rims are riveted, you can’t run on a disc brake front without grinding the calipers a bit. If they’re welded instead, you’re good for either disc or drum. You may already know this, but FYI just in case.
Yeah, I have heard that. three of the five are riveted. My 55 has drums, but my 40 has disks on the front. I'll have to decide which one i want to put them on. If i do the 40, ill just grind the calipers. :)

Last edited:
I’ve been pulling parts off the green FJ55 and storing them up for when I finish the FJ40 and can get started on Buckshot. Here are list of a few of the things I been able to get.

This has been a total score!!! 4xFletch has gotten a ton as well.

- Headliner bows
- Good radiator
- Rubber floor mats
- 95% rust free hood
- Stright & rust free fender aprons
- Straight and Dent free fenders
- Original steel wheels
- Lots of small clips, brackets, etc.
- Headlight switch
- 3 speed floor shift trans and transfer case.
- Original rear bumper
- 90% rust free battery tray
- Interior rear side panels
- Interior roof support and light.
- Original brake booster

The inside is full of all my "new to me" parts

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

I've been so busy I haven't had time to post a pic of my new ride. 2008 200 series. I LOVE it!!!

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

I'm trying to decide which which rims to put on which LC. I am leaning toward putting the 60 rims on the 55 with 33x10.50s and the steelies on the 40 with 31x10.50. Help me decide :). Her is a few examles of each.

FJ40 - 005.jpeg

FJ40 - 006.jpeg

FJ40 -006.jpeg

FJ55 - 001.jpeg

FJ55 - 002.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom