1970 FJ55 - AKA "Buckshot" - Father & Son Build Project #2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent some time today making sure it has oil pressure and trying to bleed the brakes and clutch. I think I will need to get new brake and clutch cylinders. I could not get either to build up any pressure.

Got a little work done today. I pulled to front grill and lower radiator support cover (not sure what you call it) off and straightened both the best I could. I also straightened out the fender skits a little and coated everything with a rust converter. I had to drill out a few holes and re-tap some threads but got it back together with some new bolts.

I also installed the head light bezels. I need to get a head light :)

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

148.jpg

Last edited:
I also installed the driver side turn signal, an inner door arm rest, and I replaced the rear latch handle. The original one was broken. I now have a operational tail gate.

153.jpg

152.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

It took me a while but I finally figured out how the window lock worked and was hooked up. Does this look right to you guys?

This pic doesn't have the spring on it yet, if the window isn't all the way down, the handle is locked so you cannot open the tailgate and brake the window. I tried to hot wire the motor to see if I could get the window to go up and down, but I could not get it to do anything. I think the motor might be bad. Any advice on how to test the motor?

149.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna order the master break cylinder and clutch cylinders tonight. I hope to get this this on the road soon.

I feel guilty... I haven't touched the FJ40 in 2-3 week :(

Picked up these FJ60 wheels today. I think I will put some tall skinnies on the FJ55. I have seen these rims of a few FJ55's and I like them.

FJ60 Rims 2.jpg

FJ60 Rims.jpg

FJ60 Rims 3.jpg

Last edited:
Are you going to paint them white?
I don't know.... what do you think? Maybe an almond color.

What about tire size?? 33's or 34's?

I am open to suggestions :)

Those are late 40 wheels or dechromed 60 wheels. 15x6
Yes mine are 1982 chorme FJ60 rims and they are 15x6. I think 33's or 34's will be just right.

Yes mine are 1982 chorme FJ60 rims and they are 15x6. I think 33's or 34's will be just right.
Hard to find much over 33 for them. 33x10.50 is most common. There is a thread the tire section

There’s a tire section?

Yes. Here is the thread that @wngrog was referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom